➷ Mitsuya // Tough times ➹

Spoilers for chapters 223 & 238!!

Don't read if you don't want to be spoiled! Or if you're ok with getting spoiled, know what the chapters are about and what happens to understand this oneshot!

Warnings: death mention, bit of blood, depressive themes, kind of angst

Fem reader

---

You slowly and reluctantly walked towards your boyfriend, Mitsuya's room, going to call him down for dinner.

The past few days were,, rough, for him and you. Never had you seen him like this.

*knock knock knock

You gently hit your knuckle on the door, waiting for permission to come in.

No answer.

You thought about knocking again, but instead you rested your hand on the door knob, turning it slowly to not startle the lilac haired male. Peeking your head through the door, you could see Mitsuya, hunched over his desk, sketching something.

"Mitsuya..?"

You muttered as you walked over to him, placing a hand on his shoulder. He slightly flinched at your touch and looked up at you. His eyes were swollen, and there were bags under his eyes. He must've been crying while staying up all night.

"It's time for dinner, Mitsuya. Why don't you take a break?"

You said in a gentle voice. He stared at you for a moment or 2, before shaking his head and waving his hand away at you.

"No it's fine. I need to keep working."

Mitsuya said as he continued to sketch on the sketchbook in front of him. You then placed a hand on his wrist to stop him from drawing, and gave him a look of concern.

"Mitsuya, you've hardly eaten anything these past few days. You need to take a bre-"

"I said it's fine!"

He cut you off, slapping your hand away which in turn you retracted your hand in shock. He realized what he did and looked at you, wanting to say something. But he just sighed and looked back down.

"I'm sorry. I just-.. I'll be fine."

The male muttered. You furrowed your eyes in worry, but decided it'd be best to leave him be. You hesitantly patted his back, before walking towards the door to leave.

"If you need anything, I'm right here"

You said, before closing the door. You could hear a sigh come from the other side of the door, and then the sound of pencil on paper. You'd been saying that since the incident. Maybe he was tired of hearing it.

You walked back to the kitchen where Luna and Mana were waiting patiently. You gave them a smile and sat down on the opposite side of them.

"Y/N nee-san, where's onii-san?"

Luna asked, looking behind you in search of her older brother. You reached over the table and held her hand, taking in a deep breath.

"He's busy right now, but I'm sure he'll come eat later."

You said to reassure them. The 2 girls let out a disappointed 'ok..'. You all then put your hands together and closed your eyes.

"Itadakimasu"

The 3 of you said in unison, before picking up your chop sticks and beginning to eat.

Even though they knew what had happened, you couldn't tell them what was actually going on with their older brother. They wouldn't be able to understand it well enough. You however, unfortunately knew the pain he was going through at this moment. You were feeling it yourself too.