CHAPTER 13

IT'S THE LAST PERIOD of the day and my stomach feels sick. My nerves are shaken up as Dean and I hanging out gets closer and closer. Worst part is—I barely slept because my anxiety was through the roof. I haven't been this nervous to hang out with a guy since I met Adrien.

Sitting next to Kie is so awkward. She hasn't talked to any of us since yesterday and I didn't even know what to say. I'm still annoyed with her but I don't think she deserves the silent treatment. I suck up my own ego and lean over to her, "Kie?" She looks up from her work and right into my eyes,"I'm not mad anymore. Just invite us next time?"

She puts down her pencil and sighed, "I'm sorry. It was Bailey's idea and I got defensive. I think I really like her Sam." Kie has only recently accepted that she isn't straight. The amount of times she asked me how I know I'm bi is insane but I tried to give her the best advice I could.

When I realized that not every girl wanted to kiss their girl best friend while they did her makeup.

"Go for it." Relief goes over her features and no matter how many times I tell her it's okay to go for Bailey, she acts like it's new news each time. "I'm hanging out with Dean after this—he drives!" I exclaim to her. Kie smiles but it seems forced.

My excitement is lowered when I see her face, "What?" Kie shrugs her shoulders,"I just thought—never mind." I roll my eyes at her, "No, what?"

"I thought that you'd finally go for JJ after the party thing—"

"Why would I do that?" My arms are crossed. "I personally—thought he talked to Lily to make you jealous. It seemed to work because you stormed off."

So everyone thinks a trauma bond makes people fall in love? Weirdos. "I wasn't jealous—I was concerned. She's a kind person but what she did to JJ was rude." I stare back at the clock and realize class ends in a minute. I feel my stomach do a flip again as anxiety fills the rest of my body. "Well, you've got a minute till you see your boyfriend—"

"Not my boyfriend," I correct her.

"At least walk with me to say bye to the boys?" Kie tilts her head at me. "Of course, I told Dean it would be a few minutes after class ended."

The bell rings and we put our stuff into our bags. Kie and I walk out together. There's a tug on each of our bags and we're flung back. Already knowing it's JJ—I spin around and kick him in the shin but he moves back in time. "Ass!" Kie yells but JJ just laughs,"Hi to you too."

John B and Pope walks up to us and slightly nudges the both of us. "Hi, assholes," I wave and they both put a hand on their chest to act offended.

"I can't believe you'd greet us in such a way," John B points at Pope and himself. "I give her my mom's food and this is how I'm treated?" Pope adds to the dramatics. "Yes—and I want more. Mrs. Heyward is an amazing cook."

"She basically makes you your own plate at this point, Sam."

"How come she doesn't make me a plate?" JJ asks. "Because you think shrimp and grits is top tier food, JJ." The blonde scoffs, "It's because it is!" I would never deny it's good but I don't know about top tier.

I grab my phone to check the time and realize I should probably start heading down to Dean. "Guys, I need to go. Dean is waiting for me."

JJ puts his hands on his hips, "Huh, so will you be around later?"

"As long as Dean and I don't have passionate sex—"

"Stop, stop. I'm gonna gag," John B makes a gagging motion and JJ just keeps blinking. "I'm kidding—I don't do that the first time I hang out." I throw my hands up in defense as my friends all stare at me. "Didn't you have sex with Bailey—" I smack Pope in the chest. "Shut up." It's not like it's a secret to them—I just didn't want to be reminded.