29

ARLO P.O.V

Harry, and I are sitting in his car, driving through the town heading to eat.

His hand is resting on my thigh, stroking soothing patterns. We are silent for most of the drive, letting a shuffle of Arctic Monkey songs fill the silence.

We decided on going to Betty's for, I guess, brunch. It's technically lunch time, but both Harry and I are wanting breakfast food.

I was hesitant about going there when he brought it up, because Betty's is one of the most popular spots in town for people our age. Usually on the weekends it's packed in the morning because every high schooler is trying to get good hangover food after a night of partying. Last night was homecoming, and I know for a fact that there were after parties, so going to the diner means running the risk of being spotted.

Harry said that we didn't have to go there if I didn't want to, but that if anyone spots us they can fuck off because it's no one business on why the two of us are there together.

I kind of want to keep Harry and I on the down low. I hate attention on me, and Harry attracts a lot of it. I'm not ready to have people coming up to me, asking questions that I probably don't have the answer to. Also, I do not want my name being thrown around in the rumor mill.

It's the fact that Harry and I literally just started being cordial with each other. I don't want people spoiling it for us before we really get to experience for ourselves what it's like to not be angry at each other 24/7.

I kinda want Harry and I to be like a secret. I just don't want to share him with the world yet. I want to be able to enjoy him in peace.

I still ended up agreeing because a breakfast platter from Betty's sounded really appetizing, and I'm really hungry. Also, I didn't feel like driving to the next town over like Harry suggested, as a different option of food.

"Hey Arlo." Harry calls for me. I turn my head to face him even though he isn't looking at me, but rather the road which is to be expected when driving.

"Yeah?" I replied as I studied the side of his face. I mean, come on, his jawline is unreal. I still can't wrap my head around how fucking pretty he is.

"What do you want to do after we eat?" He asks me, glancing over to meet my eyes, but only for a split second before turning his attention back to the road. "I want to be out all day if that's chill with you of course." He further explains.

"Oh, yeah, that's fine." I'm still flabbergasted that he wants to spend the whole day with me, but not only that, but possibly have me spend the night at his place for an entire week. "Honestly, I don't know. I don't get out of my house much unless it's school or a party."

"You don't?" Harry sounds shocked by the revelation I just made. "Actually, I'm not that shocked. You definitely don't seem like the type of person to want to get out of the house for fun."

"I'm not." I confirm his theory. "Alli and Nini always have to push me really hard to leave, and hang out with them."

"Huh, and it only took me a simple request for you to agree." Harry points out making my cheeks flush in embarrassment. He's right though it took him very little convincing for me to accept his offer.

"Fuck off." I mumble out in fake irritation. "Do you have any ideas where we can go after?" I ask, trying to change the topic of conversation.

"Well, hmm." His face scrunches up as he tries to think of places. "We could go to the little town near the beach. They have pretty cool shops, and shit out there, plus I don't think we'll run into anyone."