37

A/N: there is a song that goes
with this chapter, play it when
you see the song title and artist :)

TW: Mentions of drugs,
alcohol consumption,
violence, quick mention
of blood

11.2k words strap in

ARLO P.O.V

I'm extremely overwhelmed right now. I'm doing my best to keep it together, but I'm struggling.

I'm sat at Nini's desk, inside her bedroom, which is inside her house, watching chaos unfold in front of me.

I make a mental note to curse Harry out when I see him for convincing me to come to Nini's house to get ready for the Lush party tonight.

I don't know how, but Harry managed to convince me to go. Well, I do know how, I practically will do whatever he says at this point, but what he doesn't know won't kill him.

God, I'm such a weak bitch. Fuck Harry Styles for making me this way. Fuck him for being so damn persuasive.

If I'm being completely honest with myself, I would have gone to Lush regardless. I would hate being alone without Harry. I don't like the thought of him partying while I lay in bed. Not that I don't trust him because I really do, it's just, no matter how much I hate to admit it, I've grown attached to him.

Is that unhealthy, maybe a little, but I'm a drug addict, so I think this addiction I have to him is better than the other shit I do.

It's all so confusing at the same time because for my whole life, up until maybe the beginning of the school year, I've been detached from reality. It was extremely hard for me to form bonds, and attachments to people.

Harry is the first person that I actually have ever formed any type of deep connection with. He's the only person I crave to see on a daily basis.

It used to confuse me why Alli and Nini always want to be around each other, and even me. I always wondered how they didn't get sick of being with one another all the fucking time, but now I get it.

Every confusion I've ever had about that topic seems to become clearer. I get why they need each other's presence all the time because when they are without it, they feel miserable, pained, incomplete.

Even now, sitting down watching Nini curl Alli's hair, talking, my mind is silently counting down the minutes until I get to see Harry again.

I've only been without him for no more than an hour, and I already want him back.

It's killing me, I need to distract my mind somehow or I might explode. "Tell me what's been going on in your lives." I blurt out, desperate for something to get me out of my head.

Alli and Nini are laughing, foreheads touching as they do, but their laughter comes to a complete halt when I speak.

"W-what." Alli stutters, eyes wide, brows furrowed looking at me as if I'm some alien. Her eyes flicker over to Nini's quickly before returning to me.

"I said, tell me what's going on in your lives, I'm interested." I restate, with a plain face, my mouth not even twitching a bit to turn into a smile.

Only Harry can get me to smile

"Oh!" Nini perked up, a toothy grin instantly spreading across her face. "What do you want to know about specifically?"

"I don't know, whatever you want I guess." I shrug my shoulders, sinking deeper into her comfortable pale pink desk chair, which is practically a chair that looks like it's meant to go in a living room.