nine

Chapter Nine: "Now You Lift Your Eyes to the Sun"
Season 7, Episode 9

Chapter Nine: "Now You Lift Your Eyes to the Sun" Season 7, Episode 9

_____

aiden comes towards nathan who's sat on his porch going through the papers, "they're offering two years, i say no deal," he sipped ok his coffee, "this is not bad,"

aiden looked at his best friend, "it's bs," nathan looked at his best friend, "look at your numbers last season, all the team is trying... to take advantage of the bad press around renee,"

nathan looked at his best friend, "right now, her lie is making my name less valuable," aiden smiled, "but not your game, that's why we're countering, i'm gonna ask for four years, we'll take three,"

aiden finished, "they offered re and we ask for four?" aiden smiled at his best friend, "it's how the game is played, nate,"

nathan looked at aiden, "you sure they won't stop playing?" aiden leaned forwards, "buddy, trust me, they won't," he smiled, "just let me do my job," nathan nods his head, "all right,"

____

aiden paced back and forwards with his phone to his ear, "we're not talking about a rookie getting his feet wet, this is nathan scott, just look at his numbers and you'll understand.. why we feel it is that he's earned a four year-deal,"

he opened his front door seeing quinn holding a cup of coffee to him, "uh, huh," aiden smiles charmingly taking the coffee from quinn's awaiting hand, "yeah,"

quinn comes inside his beach house, "or we might consider a three-year deal if the price is right..but a two is not gonna get us anywhere," he said into his phone, "i hope so," he ends the phone call coming to quinn.

he sipped on his coffee, "mm, thanks, best part of my day," quinn smiled, "me or the coffee?" aiden showed off his boyish grin, "maybe a little bit of both,"

quinn smiles rolling her eyes playfully, "so any good news?" aiden looked down, "uh, we'll see, now i just have to wait," quinn hummed, "how would you feel about waiting with me?"

she stands up from his couch, "come on, i have somewhere i wanna take you, grab your office," quinn took aiden's hand in hers leading them both to her car.

____

quinn carried a box of things into a building, "so this is your dirty little secret?" quinn nods her head, "yeah, i've been helping here every saturday for a couple of hours,"

aiden looked around, "hales and i used to do it in school, hippie parents, raised to give back," kids ran in front of them, "hi, miss quinn!"

"hi,"

quinn turns to aiden, "i guess i kind of missed it," aiden chuckled looking around, "hey, you let me in, i just wanted to let you in,"

"hey, miss quinn,"
"hi,"