ten

Chapter Ten: "You Are A Runner And I Am My Father's Son"
Season 7, Episode 10

Chapter Ten: "You Are A Runner And I Am My Father's Son" Season 7, Episode 10

_____

aiden was cutting up some limes for his and quinn's drink when someone began to knock on his front door, making aiden put down his kitchen knife coming towards his beach house front door.

nathan comes into his best friend's house, "nate, what's up?" nathan walked past aiden, "we need to talk," aiden furrowed his eyebrows, "what's wrong?"

he asked, "what's wrong?" nathan now turned to face him, "what's wrong is i don't have a job," aiden looked at him, "it's gonna be okay, we countered," nathan looked at aiden, "and?"

"and we're waiting to hear back,"

nathan looked at his best friend, "well, you can stop waiting, the bobcats signed derek mcdaniel," aiden shook his head, "no, they wouldn't, that would cap them out,"

nathan nods his head, "it did cap them out, that was my team, aiden, we were building something," aiden furrowed his eyebrows, "hold on, wait, where did you hear this?"

aiden asked seriously confused, "it's on sportscenter, for god's sake, aiden," nathan looked at his best friend angrily, "you're my agent, what have you been doing?"

aiden opened his mouth about to say something when quinn comes into aiden's beach house, "babe, where's that beer you promised?" nathan then turned to quinn then back to aiden, "no, i take it back, you were my agent,"

aiden frowned, "no, nate, would you just wait?" nathan walked past his best friend turning back to aiden, "you knew how important it was for my family that i play close to them,"

"i know,"

aiden stated, "so why didn't you close the deal?" aiden looked at nathan, "cause i thought we could do better," nathan scoffed, "oh, that's great," he looked at his best friend, "i asked you to do two things for me, make sure i play for the bobcats and stay away from quinn,"

quinn looked down, "you're fired, enjoy your date," aiden watched as nathan went out of his beach house, "wha...? nate," nathan closed the door in aiden's face.

aiden ran a hand through his hair seeing quinn looking at him as he looked down to the floor.

____

"no, no gene," aiden said into his phone, "you told me you weren't pursuing any other point guards," he said, "you said you were negotiating with nathan—and that you're spending the rest of your money on a center,"

aiden spoke pacing, "absolutely, derek mcdaniel is a fantastic player..but we were in the middle of an negotiation," he sighed, "so i assume that the two-year offer is.. you're capped out, right,"

aiden ran a hand through his hair, "yeah, i'm sorry too, i appreciate you taking the call so late at night," he ended the phone, as he sits in front of quinn.