eleven

Chapter Eleven: "You Know I Love You, Don't You"
Season 7, Episode 11

Chapter Eleven: "You Know I Love You, Don't You" Season 7, Episode 11

_____

"kind of nicely dressed for a guy who just got fired," quinn stated looking at aiden who was sorting out the cuffs on his shirt, "well, an agent should wear a suit, and anyways, i don't wanna get drowned again,"

quinn chuckled coming inside aiden's bedroom sitting on his desk chair, "so which clients are staying with you?" quinn asked aiden who looked at her, "none, isc got to everyone,"

"every single one?"

aiden smiled turning to her, "everyone they knew about, but there is this kid in arkansas that agreed to sign with me not too long ago," he showed off his boyish grin, "they don't know about him,"

quinn smiled hearing that, "and there's a little secret that only i know about him," quinn quirked an eyebrow at aiden who smiles, "and what's that?"

he shows off his grin, "in four years, he's gonna be the best quarterback in the nfl," quinn nods her head smiling, "that's so great," she stands up coming towards aiden who smiled at her.

she looked at him, "you can do this," she held the napel of his blazer close to her, "i'm so proud of you," she leaned in kissing his cheek making aiden smile, "thanks, that means a lot,"

he lets out a breath, "it means everything, actually," quinn smiled as aiden moved his hand so that it's touching her face.

____

aiden drove out all the way to arkanas, "okay, all right," he lets out a breath, "nothing riding in this, just your whole career," he stated looking towards the house, "but you've done this thousand of times,"

he ran a hand through his hair, "kid with a big dream wants to see it happen..you make it happen," he said to himself, "you are the dream merchant, and you are back,"

he gets out of his car letting out a breath, "huh," he looked around, "excuse me, i seem to have gotten lost," he said to troy, "i'm actually looking for the next nfl qb prospect, i wonder if you could point me in the right direction,"

troy looked at aiden half smiling, "mr johnson, it's good to see you," aiden smiled, "yeah, likewise, how have you been, man?" troy smiled, "good, you doing all right?" troy leads aiden towards his house.

____

aiden looked at the game football, "game ball from the conference championships, right?" troy nods his head, "right,"

aiden showed off his boyish grin, "yeah, that.. that was a great game," aiden looked at troy, "what did you pass for?"

"four hundred yards,"

aiden looked at him, "it was four hundred and twenty eight and five touchdowns," aiden stated to him, "but who's counting, right?" he looked to the game ball, "you don't miss anything, do you?"

aiden shook his head, "it's my job not to miss," he smiled at troy, "and i promise you that i won't with you, all right, troy?" troy looked at aiden, "i will do everything i can to get you the best deal, the best endorsements..."

troy cut aiden off, "i know, but—" aiden furrowed his eyebrows, "what's going on, troy?" he questioned the kid, "ken arthur called my dad two days ago," troy turned to aiden, "he said he fired you," aiden looked away from troy who looked at aiden.

____

aiden looked out at the farm, "this farm's bebe in my family for five generations," aiden half smiled, "it's nice," he said playing with the football, "yeah,"

troy looked at aiden, "but how much longer do you think my dad can really work this place?" aiden turned to troy, "there's a lot riding on me right now, hell, i stand to make more in the next year than my dad made in his whole life,"

aiden nods his head, "but i have one shot at this, my family has one shot at this, it's everything," aiden turned to troy, "i like you, aiden, and i know that i said i'd sign with you, but you're an agent without an agency,"

aiden ran a hand through his hair, "this is my whole life," aiden looked at troy, "if you were me, what would you do?" aiden sighed, "who did ken arthur tell you he was gonna pair you up with?"

"mark wetton,"

aiden looked at troy, "hmm, i'd go with jim mitchell, he'll make a batter a fit," he passed troy the game ball, "and uh, good luck with everything," he half smiled at troy, "i'll be seeing you around," he walked away from troy's family house.

____

aiden looked at the road crossing when he takes a right turn driving towards where he buried his wife, getting out of his car when he comes towards lucinda's headstone.

aiden stands in front of lucinda's headstone with his hands in his trousers pockets, "you know, i really need you right now," he frowned, "it's not fair to hide in my dreams and not be here when i need you the most,"

he looked over her headstone, "talk to me, lucinda," he looked away from his wife's headstone blinking away the tears from his eyes that are falling down his tear stained face.

____

"i said i was leaving,"

quinn looked at aiden, "what? what do you mean? what happened with the quarterback?" aiden shook his head as he packed up a box of his living room things, "nothing," he said looking at the record cds in his hands, "and you know what? he's right,"

quinn stared at aiden, "i have no business jeopardising a kid's career," he sighed, "i'm not an agent, i'm a liability,"

aiden stated, "in six months, i'll just be the cautionary tale they talk about at company retreats," he put his record a into the box, "so that's it?"

quinn questioned stepping forwards, "you're just running away?" aiden ignored quinn packing more of his things, "do you think lucinda will let you quit?"

aiden looked up at quinn at the mention of his dead wife, "what do you think she'd say?" aiden shook his head, "nothing, lucinda's dead," quinn stared at aiden in shock, "you know, when i said i was staying, i'm staying—"

she looked at aiden who was zoning out, "aiden!" aiden ignored her not seeing the tears come down her face, "guess i'll see you," aiden didn't turn back from where he stood looking outside of his beach house hearing the door close letting out a breath.