And the story continues...

Hunters P.O.V.

After I started noticing some of the effects, I couldn't stop seeing them, I decided not to mention anything to him cause there was no point, he just woke up from a two month coma, the last thing he needed was to know how bad his whole situation is. I spent as much time as I could with him, in other words, until visiting hours were over, he was obviously still tiered so we didn't talk the whole time, he slept for a while and I just stared, this time I could just stare and thank God for not taking him.

I was on my way out of the Hospital when I stumble across Sebastian's doctor, I called her name, and she kindly came and asked me what she could help me with... I was kind of nervous of asking her about this, I finally feel like I can breathe again, like I got my favorite person in the whole world back and asking this... it could change everything, and after all of this time of being on the edge and afraid all the time I could really use some good right now... still... I asked

H: So... I was wondering... umm... now that Sebastian is... you know... awake... I wanted to know... if you had any idea... of the... umm ... effects that the whole situation had on him...

God that was harder than I thought, I am sure I sounded like I didn't know how to talk, but I was brought out of my thoughts when she began to answer.

Dr. W: Mr. Clarington, we do not have all the information just yet, we are going to run some more test on him tomorrow and then we will have the whole picture. For now, after running the initial exams on Mr. Smythe we can already tell that being in a coma left him, let's say out of shape, this means that is going to take a lot of physical therapy and a lot of effort from his part to be able to walk properly again. During this exam we also noticed that his left arm was also debilitated, we believe this was caused by the traumatic injury that he suffered in his head, but we will not be sure until we have run the new test.

I thanked her and went to the hotel where I was staying, I felt like I was going to collapse at any second, today had been such an stressful but awesome day, I got Sebastian back, when I was starting to lose hope... when I had convince myself that I wasn't gonna see him again he woke up! But that doesn't mean that we are out of the woods yet, he is awake, but he still has a lot of work to do, not only physically but mentally and emotionally. I'm not talking about him healing from the effects that the injuries to his body left because I know that he can do that, and I know he will.

I'm terrified that the weight and the pain that the injuries to him, to his persona, to his feelings, the trauma that was left inside him will be too much for him to handle it, after all, he did survive domestic violence, he was brutally attack by his OWN father while his mother acted like it wasn't happening and, not gonna lie, acted like she didn't care about Sebastian, his OWN MOTHER, and I can't even begin to imagine how Sebastian is going to feel (or it's feeling right now, I don't know) when this thought crosses his mind, when all the shock and the distraction of his physical injuries are gone and all he will be left with all of his thoughts, hunting him, that is going to be the real challenge for him, to face everything that has happened to him, to go through it and to move forward. Like I said before, I don't know what is going to happen to him while he finds a way to cope with everything his gone through, all I know is that I'm going to be by his side all the time, maybe not physically, but I'm going to try, as hard as I can, to be whatever he needs.

The next day I went to school, I think it's safe to say I didn't pay any attention to the teachers or to what they were talking about. As soon as school was over I rushed to the hospital, he must be more awake today, maybe too awake, those were my thoughts while I was in the cab going to the hospital. I arrived and went directly to Sebastian's room, I knocked on the door and I could see how he went from staring blankly at the wall to giving a little smile and telling me to come in. He told me that the doctor went and explained to him what was going on with him and everything that he needed to do in other to recover as much as he could.

Let's give the short and simple version, after being "inactive" or with low activity the muscles in the body tend to be atrophied, which is exactly what was going on with Sebastian. As for the other injuries or effects, he got lucky, his speech and cognitive abilities are okay same with memories, except for the moment where he was attacked, that is normal with a traumatic event though. The doctor said he would have to go to physical therapy in other to start regaining control over his arm and that he would have to repeat the process with his legs as soon as he got his cast removed. Until then he would have to use a wheelchair to mobilize himself. They also told him that they would start with all of the exercises the next week when he was a little bit stronger, after all, he did wake up from a coma yesterday.

We talked non-sense, my mission of the day was to make him smile, even if it was a little one, and I did manage to do it, more than once actually. I could see he wanted to talk about what was going on but just for one day, at least just for today, I wanted to let him be free of that, distract him from a reality he would not be able to scape as soon as he opens that door. I wanted to give him a day in which he didn't have to think about anything else than to how to answer to the stupid thing I just said. I wanted to make him happy because I already now that the time to confront all of his demons it's coming faster than we think.

AN: Sooo this is the end of this book! Hope that you liked it as much as I did. And don't worry, this is not the end of this story. I'm creating a new book which would be like the second part of this one. If you have any specific ideas or storylines you would like to see in the next book, please leave a comment with it. For now, enjoy¡

Faraway for too longOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara