Just keep breathin'

Sebastian POV

I was ready to go to the choir room when Jeff arrived and told me that he had something that he needed to show me and that I needed to go with him. At first, I didn't want to, I don't like to follow people around without even knowing where we are going or at least have a clue. After some thinking I decided to go with him, he is kind of my friend, or at least I consider him a friend. We walk down the hall, exit the school, and went to the parking lot. When we finally arrived at Jeff's car I couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing, I was panicking but had to act normal. I was in shock, I literally wasn't expecting HIM to be here. After some seconds of me being frozen I decided that the best thing to do was to talk.

Sebastian: Hunter? Is that you? What are you doing here?

Hunter: Hey Seb, it is indeed, and I'm here 'cause we need to talk.

Sebastian: So, you think you can just come, out of the blue, and talk to me like if you weren't gone for 5 months.

I could see how Jeff and Nick were looking at each other, that's when it clicked, I had been acting weird, they don't know anything that might be an explanation for that, the only close friend I had was Hunter and after them singing Uptown Girl out of the blue too. They had called him, told him to come, in an attempt to make me feel better, how could I be mad at them for trying to help without even knowing what is going on.

Hunter: Seb, please let me explain why I left...

Sebastian: Okay, you got thirty seconds starting now.

The first thing I noticed is that Hunter got out of the car and as soon as he did Niff ran inside the school, leaving just the two of us. I also knew that Hunter was not about to have that kind of conversation on the parking lot of a public school since he absolutely hates this schools.

Hunter: I left because I didn't had a choice, you know my dad, he is the typical soldier, and as soon as he found out that one of the things I needed to do to keep my scholarship was perform with a show choir he immediately did the transferred papers to Colorado Military Academy since inside his head being on the Warblers meant me being part of the LGBTQ+ community.

When I finished hearing his explanation I couldn't do more than to stare at him, I was trying to find some kind of proof that he was lying to me, but I found none, I decided to believe him. So, I decided to start a small talk, just catching up a little bit and trying to avoid the topic that I know he wants to touch. He found out by mistake because I wasn't cautious enough.

-------------------------------------- BEGINNING OF FLASHBACK-------------------------------------------

It was the day we arrived from the Thanksgiving week, I spend the holiday week at my house which meant that I was learning the lesson every day, nonstop for a week. I arrived to Dalton and went directly to my dorm. I just laid in bed and stare at the celling trying to escape from the reality that I was in. After some minutes I decided that the best idea was to sleep, that way the day will be over as soon as possible. I was just about to go to bed when I decided to look at how bad my dad had beaten me and to see how difficult it was going to be to cover it. I was in the bathroom and I had taken off my shirt to see the bruises on my chest. I was so caught up on my world that I didn't even noticed that Hunter arrived, he entered to the bathroom before I could even do anything to hide everything from him. He confronted me and didn't stop until I told him the truth. I felt relief that someone knew, I wasn't going to be dealing with this alone, but at the same time I was afraid of what he might do.

-------------------------- END OF FLASHBACK------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And then the moment came. Hunter introduced the topic, we were on a secret part of a park, my escape place. It was a part that nobody knows about because it is covered on plants, so I come here every time I feel like escaping or just want to be alone. This was the place where I told Hunter about my family situation. And it's where usually he would take me when he knew everything was getting to overwhelming in my head. I would just talk to him, tell him everything that I was feeling and how I was coping with everything, he just sat there and listen, I miss that, miss having someone who I can talk to without having to maintain some crazy image of me, somebody I could trust and know that my secret was safe.

Hunter: Look, I know that it's difficult for you to talk about your dad and you mom but are you okay? Is it getting worse?

I just stared at the floor for some seconds and then turned to face Hunter, when I did I discovered that he was just staring at me, trying to figure out if I was going to tell him or not, trying to comprehend if our friendship was over or not. I knew it wasn't, I couldn't do this without him, he was always there for me, he always listens to me and again I can just be my broken self and he wont judge me, nor try to give me pet talks that won't work.

Sebastian: Well that is kind of a stupid question is it?

He just laughs at my comment, god know I remember, he always made me feel safe without even trying.

Sebastian: Sadly, yes, it is getting worse (I feel tears trying to escape so I just look to the other side) first, as you may or may not know, I'm no longer at Dalton, which means that I'm living with them. Second, since it has been to long and I keep on going to Glee practice I arrive home late the lessons are stronger each time.

Okay, I broke down, I haven't even realized how overwhelmed I was until I was telling Hunter, He just gave me a hug and again, the feeling of safety was there. He was drawing circles on by back trying to calm me down. It clearly didn't work, I had five months of bad feelings bottle up and the only place where I could let them out was there. I didn't even know how much I needed him until that precise moment.

----------------------- MOMENTS LATER ---------------------------------------------------------

Finally, I calm down, I was still shaken up but at least I had stopped crying. I needed to tell him how I felt but I knew that words wouldn't let him know. I decided that a song was the best way to do so. I started singing and I could see that he was concentrating on listening every single word that was leaving my mouth.

Some days, things just take way too much of my energy
I look up and the whole room's spinning
You take my cares away
I can so overcomplicate, people tell me to medicate

Feel my blood runnin', swear the sky's fallin'
How do I know if this shit's fabricated?
Time goes by and I can't control my mind
Don't know what else to try, but you tell me every time

Just keep breathin' and breathin' and breathin' and breathin'
And oh, I gotta keep, keep on breathin'
Just keep breathin' and breathin' and breathin' and breathin'
And oh, I gotta keep, keep on breathin'

Sometimes it's hard to find, find my way up into the clouds
Tune it out, they can be so loud
You remind me of a time when things weren't so complicated
All I need is to see your face

Feel my blood runnin', swear the sky's fallin'
How do I know if this shit's fabricated, oh?
Time goes by and I can't control my mind
Don't know what else to try, but you tell me every time

Just keep breathin' and breathin' and breathin' and breathin'
And oh, I gotta keep, I keep on breathin'
Just keep breathin' and breathin' and breathin' and breathin'
And oh, I gotta keep, I keep on breathin', mmm, yeah

My, my air
My, my air
My, my air, my air
My, my air
My, my air
My, my air, yeah

Just keep breathin' and breathin' and breathin' and breathin'
And oh, I gotta keep, I keep on breathin'
Just keep breathin' and breathin' and breathin' and breathin'
And oh, I gotta keep, I keep on breathin', mmm, yeah

Feel my blood runnin', swear the sky's fallin'
I keep on breathin'
Time goes by and I can't control my mind
I keep on breathin', mmm, yeah

Fuente: Compositores: Ariana Grande / Ilya Salmanzadeh / Max Martin / Savan Harish Kotecha / Peter Anders SvenssonLetra de Breathin © Warner Chappell Music, Inc, Universal Music Publishing Group, Warner Chappell Music Inc

When I finished the song Hunter just smiled at me and told me that he was staying at the hotel that was four blocks away from my house and that if I needed anything, even the smallest thing called him. With that we said goodbye and both started going to our "homes". All the way I had this feeling I couldn't identify, it was something I never felt, but I could feel it was a good one. I decided to ignore it, and instead prepare for what was coming.

P.d: Is Hunter gonna stay after knowing that things are getting worse? What is going to do Hunter's dad when he finds out he is not in the military academy? Is Sebastian finally gonna do something? Is Quinn gonna find out anytime soon?