First week

By the time Friday arrived, Rigel wanted nothing more than to just lie down and relax. Hogwarts was incredible and the lessons were fascinating but it was a big adjustment and he just wanted to relax a bit and let his brain calm down.

Professor Flitwick, the Charms teacher, was a tiny little wizard who had to stand on a pile of books to see over his desk. At the start of their first class, he took the roll call, and when he reached Eliza's name he gave an excited squeak and toppled out of sight. Then toppled again when he heard Harry's name

He had taught them one spell. Lumos the wand lightening charm and the easiest one. Then they learned the counter charm 'nox' and by the end of the day, many muggle-borns and muggle-raised were excitedly muttering 'Lumos'

Rigel had even done something wheat he couldn't achieve in muggle schools. Making friends. He was on excellent terms with Eliza and if minus the bossiness, Hermione Granger. Harry was also a good acquaint and so was Dean Thomas but Harry spent most of his time with Ron, who barely spoke with him, and Seamus Finnegan sent him disgusted looks. Most of the Gryffindor common room resigned the fact that Sirius Black's son was in their house. After all, Black himself was a Gryffindor. But that didn't stop with people throwing insults at him with 'Death Eater spawn!' Murderer's brat!' 'And Inbred bastard!' were the top three.

He had also found out what a metamorphagus is. Apparently, they were really rare shapeshifters, and apparently, his family was known for producing metamorphagus witches and wizards but somehow, the talent was lost. He had a good time entertaining his friends into turning into several teachers.

Speaking of the teachers, they were much more different than their muggle counterparts. Here they were more helpful and other than Snape didn't try to make his life miserable.

After a miserable potions lesson, Rigel, Harry, Eliza, and Ron made their way down to Hagrid, the Hogwarts gamekeeper hut. The house was on the edge of the forbidden forest. A crossbow and a pair of galoshes were outside the front door.

When Harry knocked they heard a frantic scrabbling from inside and several booming barks. Then Hagrid's voice rang out, saying, "Back, Fang —back."

Hagrid's big, hairy face appeared in the crack as he pulled the door open.

"Hang on," he said. "Back, Fang."

He let them in, struggling to keep a hold on the collar of an enormous black boarhound.

There was only one room inside. Hams and pheasants were hanging from the ceiling, a copper kettle was boiling on the open fire, and in the corner stood a massive bed with a patchwork quilt over it

"Make yerselves at home," said Hagrid, letting go of Fang, who bounded straight at Rigel and started licking his ears. Like Hagrid, Fang was not as fierce as he looked.

"This is Ron," Harry told Hagrid, who was pouring boiling water into a large teapot and putting rock cakes onto a plate. "And Rigel?"

"Another Weasley, eh?" said Hagrid, glancing at Ron's freckles. "I spent half me life chasin' yer twin brothers away from the forest. Haven't met a Black in years though."

The rock cakes were shapeless lumps with raisins that almost broke their teeth, but the four pretended to be enjoying them as they told Hagrid all about their first lessons. Fang rested his head-on Rigel's knee and drooled all over his robes but the latter didn't mind scratching Fang's ears.

The four were delighted to hear Hagrid call Filch "that old git."

"An' as fer that cat, Mrs. Norris, I'd like ter to introduce her to Fang sometime. D'ye know, every time I go up ter the school, she follows me everywhere? Can't get rid of her — Filch puts her up to it."