Remus John Lupin

Kreacher did not return the following day, nor the day after that. However, two cloaked men had appeared in the square outside number twelve, and they remained there into the night, gazing in the direction of the house that they could not see.

The next morning when Eliza walked into his room, Rigel was already transforming back into his human form.

"You slept in your animagus form?" Eliza asked as Rigel stretched his arms.

"Hm... yes, I feel much comfortable. Oddly."

"Death Eaters, for sure," said Ron, as they watched from the drawing-room windows. "Reckon they know we're in here?

"I don't think so or they'd sent Snape in after us, wouldn't they?" Said Hermione, Eliza looked over her shoulder, concerned.

"Maybe's he's already been in here and had his tongue-tied?" She said quietly.

"Must have done, otherwise he'd be able to tell them how to get in. They're probably just watching the house to see whether we turn up. They must know that I own the house." Rigel muttered.

"How?"

"Wizarding wills are examined by the Ministry, remember? They'll know that Sirius left the place to Rigel." Hermione said in a grim tone.

The presence of the Death Eaters outside increased the ominous mood inside number twelve. They had not heard a word from anyone beyond Grimmauld Place since Mr. Weasley's Patronus, and the strain was starting to tell. Restless and irritable, Ron had developed an annoying habit of playing with the eliminator in his pocket; This particularly infuriated Hermione, who was whiling away the wait for Kreacher by studying The Tales of Beedle the Bard and did not appreciate the way the lights kept flashing on and off.

Rigel sat in the kitchen, reading the book Dumbledore gave him when he heard the front door shut and the sound of the Dumbledore curse. He grabbed his wand and ran into the hallway, His heart soured at the sight of Remus but he didn't lower his wand, and neither did the twins who were halfway down the stairs.

"Don't move!" Harry called, sounding much older than he was.

"Hold your fire, it's me, Remus!" Remus said, holding his wand up and looking at Harry, he hadn't noticed Eliza yet

He had forgotten the portrait of Mrs. Black: At the sound of his yell, curtains hiding her flew open and she began to scream, "Mudbloods and filth dishonoring my house –"

"FUCK OFF!" Rigel yelled sending sparks at the portrait. Walburga yelped and shut up.

Ron and Hermione too lowered their wand, but Harry and Rigel did not.

"Show yourself!" he called back. Remus moved forward into the lamplight, hands still held high in a gesture of surrender.

"I am Remus John Lupin, werewolf, sometimes known as Moony, one ofthe four creators of the Marauder's Map, married to Nymphadora, usually known as Tonks, and I taught you how to produce a Patronus, Harry, which takes the form of a stag."

Rigel saw Eliza leap at a surprised Remus.

"Eliza! You scared the life out of me!" He said, pulling her back to look at her.

"Sorry..."

"Merlin, you look like hell, have you slept at all?" He asked, pulling her under one of the lamps and examining her face carefully. Eliza squirmed under his gaze.

"Is everyone okay?"

"Yes, but we're being watched though. There are a couple of Death Eaters in the square outside..."