Overprotective Pomfrey

"For God's sake, we're fine!" Rigel complained. Apparently, Lupin sent a letter to McGongall about Rigel's Patronus and she wasn't impressed.

"Yes but, you three were at close proximity now be quiet." McGonagall snapped.

"Setting Dementors around a school, he won't be the only one who collapses. Terrible things, they are, and the effect they have on people who are already delicate..." Rigel saw the nurse look at the twins.

"I'm not delicate!"

"I didn't collapse."

"Of course, you're not." Said Madam Pomfrey, moving over to Eliza.

"Should he perhaps spend the night in the hospital wing?" McGonagall asked the nurse.

"No please!" Eliza pleaded a little bit dramatically. She fell on her knees begging Pomfrey.

"Alright calm down drama queen." Rigel rolled his eyes.

"You don't need to stay in the hospital wing, Miss Potter, especially not in that mood," said Madam Pomfrey moving over to Harry and taking his pulse. "They'll be fine, you should at least have some chocolate."

"I already gave them," Rigel spoke up.

Madam Pomfrey looked impressed. "Well...I wish I had more students that would act like you." Madam Pomfrey said as she continued casting spells. After several minutes she had finished. "Hmm, you lot seemed to be fine, you may leave now, but I want you to head straight over here and inform me if you experience any problems, is that clear Mr. Potter, Miss Potter, and Mr. Black?"

"Crystal."

"Thank you, Poppy, Potter's please go back to the Great Hall; I need a word with Miss Granger and Mr. Black."

"Right well, Mr. Black." McGongall said after the twins left "I need you to sign this form to say that you are happy to take OWL Transfiguration at the end of this year." She indicated the form and Rigel signed it without hesitation. "The lessons will be moved to Wednesday afternoon this year, is that ok with you?"

Rigel nodded, assuming that McGonagall had checked his timetables.

Dumbledore's speech was far more serious than the previous year and all the students were giving it their undivided attention. When he announced the appointment of Professor Lupin and Hagrid, Rigel joined the applause but couldn't shake the feeling that Professor Lupin had been trying to avoid eye contact on the train.

By the time he climbed into bed he had put thoughts of Professor Lupin and the Dementor out of his mind and was concentrating on the comfort that only a Hogwarts bed could provide.

Rigel was eventually able to sneak out, he walked under his invisibility locket. Where was he going? It was quite simple really, he was going to the chamber of secrets. Of course, he was going to investigate the place, he would have done so last year if not for the fact that he knew he would have likely been caught with so much attention being brought to it.

"Open," he commanded, the door opened and he walked inside. He saw that the chamber looked untouched since the last time he was here, the statues were still damaged.

During the last time he was here he had summoned a snake and had sent it off to look around the chamber for him. The next day it found him and reported what it found to him, including several secret passages, a small library, and a door that would not unlock with parseltongue. The door was where Harry was heading to first, who knows what could be behind it? Another basilisk? Another magical creature? Some actual secrets?

"Open," Rigel hissed to the wall statue in the shape of Salazar Slytherin's face, the mouth opened and he prepared himself. Rigel's bracelet on his left hand shifted and a second later Rigel's hand and forearm were covered in a silver metal as Slytherin's sword appeared in his hand. In his other hand his wand lit up, Rigel could see a large part of the corridor but was not sure what was past it. He aimed into the dark tunnel inside Slytherin's mouth. "locus resonare". Rigel said, a bright blue wave shot out of his wand and mapped out the tunnel in the darkness. He saw there were no immediate threats so he slowly but carefully entered, using his wand for light.