Torture

"My sister is complaining that I should stop," Bellatrix said giving a dramatic sign. "Why don't you just tell us what Dumbledore is planning?"

Time was still lost to Rigel. The last torture device Bellatrix had used was waterboarding in which RIgel experienced the sensation of drowning. His ankle was broken, Bellatrix had ripped his fingernails off him. She tried to pull his rings out but they just shocked her. Literally. So Bellatrix shot him a lightning curse that was much much worse than the cruciatus.

He didn't even know when he stopped begging, when he stopped crying and when he stopped speaking. His thoughts were muddled. Bellatrix had tried legillemency but that didn't work and she instead reopened the memories he had closed in the back of his head. He couldn't even reach out for his wand and the ropes prevented him from turning into his animagus form.

The cell's temperature varied. Most of the time, it was high enough that was covered with his own sweat, then it would abruptly drop until he was shivering with cold.

He could say, he could just say some random bullshit. But will that even get him a get-out? In the end, he would just be betraying his friends, his family, and everyone who trusted him.

And when he kept her mouth shut, Lestrange knew that too. And the pain started again.

Once again, the world became nothing but that pain. He thought, that after the first time, he might get used to it. But there was no getting used to the Cruciatus Curse.

The first four times she had used the curse, the room had been filled with nothing but his screams. By the fifth, Rigel's curses joined the mix.

He was not on his knees, but Rigel was still entirely at their mercy. He convulsed as much as possible against the chains. He would try to pull his knees to his chest, only for them to be restricted by the chains.

There were the sorry little pleas that escaped his mouth; the repeated please, please, please's, the stop, stop, please stop's. The agony wouldn't end unless he talked about Dumbledore's plans.

It tore him apart. There were never-ending tears falling down his face. The screams that soon turned soundless after his throat turns red, finally show that he's in pain. Rigel wanted nothing more than to curl up in a ball against the floor, but his restraints worked against him.

He could only grasp one thought.

His name, is Rigel Black.

When the pain stopped again and Bellatrix would just leave and another death eater would come, he would spit on them and the pain would start again.

Again, and again, when he lost all semblance of reality, when he began to lose the name of his friends, his family, he remembered his own because that had to be enough. It had to be.

My name is Rigel Black, My name is Rigel Black...

Because he would survive this. He had to survive this. For his friends that she remembered when the torture would come to a halt. Four names that would slip away through those hours of pain.

Harry Potter, Eliza Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Harry Potter, Eliza Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Harry Potter, Eliza Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger,

He would die for them.

It was not the torture that had his throats ripped to shreds from screams that added more torment, but the thoughts of home.

It was Eliza Potter's kiss that tasted like English tea. Ron banter with Hermione and Harry's sassy tongue that he heard.

It was those reminders; the times he swore he could feel Eliza wrapping her arms around him. He could hear his father's bark of a laugh in the quiet of the room, which made him feel as if he was going insane. It reminded him that he and Harry hadn't spent enough time together this year; that he hadn't joked with Ron as much as he should have lately.