Christmas and Lockets

As they entered November, the weather turned very cold. The mountains around the school became icy gray and the lake was like chilled steel. Every morning the ground was covered in frost. Hagrid could be seen from the upstairs windows defrosting broomsticks on the Quidditch field, bundled up in a long moleskin overcoat, rabbit fur gloves, and enormous beaverskin boots. The Quidditch season had begun.

On Saturday, Harry and Eliza would be playing their first match after weeks of training: Gryffindor versus Slytherin. If Gryffindor won, they would move up into second place in the house championship.

Hardly anyone had seen the twins play because Wood had decided that, as their secret weapon, Harry and Eliza should be kept, well, secret. But the news that they were playing had somehow leaked and people were approaching the twins. Either telling them they'll be brilliant or people telling them that they'd be running around underneath them holding a mattress.

The next morning dawned very brightly and cold. The Great Hall was full of the delicious smell of fried sausages and the cheerful chatter of everyone looking forward to a good Quidditch match.

"You've got to eat some breakfast."

"I don't want anything."

"Just a bit of toast," Rigel said.

"I'm not hungry."

"Yes, you are." Rigel signed.

A few minutes later the Weasley twins arrived and sat down opposite the twins.

"Ready, Harry? Eliza?" George asked, pouring out some tea.

"Yeah..." Eliza's voice died

"Don't you trust us to..."

"...keep you safe?" The twins asked, switching person mid-sentence.

"Oh, of course, I do, it's not that!" Eliza said hastily, Fred and George grinned.

After fifteen minutes it became clear that the twins would not be able to stomach any more breakfast so they stood up and walked away with their nimbus 2000s.

"Two Galleon's Eliza gets knocked out." Said Seamus from down the table, he then yelped as something red came out off Rigel's wand.

By eleven o'clock the whole school was out in the stands around the Quidditch seats are raised high in the air. All the players mounted their brooms and then Madam Hooch gave a loud blast on her silver whistle.

"And the Quaffle is taken immediately by Angelina Johnson of Gryffindor – what an excellent Chaser that girl is, and rather attractive, too –"

"JORDAN!"

"Sorry, Professor."

"And she's really belting along up there, a neat pass to Elizabeth Potter, a good find of Oliver Wood's – back to Johnson and – no, Slytherin have taken the Quaffle, Slytherin captain Marcus Flint gains the Quaffle and off he goes – Flint flying like an eagle up there – he's going to sco– no, stopped by an excellent move by Gryffindor Keeper Wood and Gryffindor take the Quaffle – that's Chaser Katie Bell of Gryffindor there, nice dive around Flint, off up the field and – OUCH – that must have hurt, hit in the back of the head by a Bludger – Quaffle taken by Slytherin – that's Adrian Pucey speeding off towards the goalposts, but he's blocked by a second Bludger – sent his way by Fred or George Weasley, can't tell which – nice play by the Gryffindor Beater, anyway, and Johnson back in possession of the Quaffle, a clear field ahead and off she goes – she's really flying – dodges a speeding Bludger – the goalposts are ahead – come on, now, Angelina – Keeper Bletchley dives – misses – GRYFFINDOR SCORE!"