Lovegood

"Now what?" Rigel asked. "We destroyed Horcruxes-"

"You destroyed two Horcruxes." Eliza corrected smiling tiredly. 

"Whatever, now what?"

Harry looked at the book clutched in his hand. It was The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore

"Harry I'm sorry." Rigel signed. "I know how much Dumbledore means but he was young-"

"Our age," said Harry, and Rigel signed now wanting to argue.

"Xenophilius Lovegood." 

They turned towards Hermione. "What?"

"Xenophilius Lovegood, Luna's father. I want to go and talk to him!" 

"er – why?" 

She took a deep breath, as though bracing herself, and said, "It's that mark, the mark in Beedle the Bard. Look at this!"

She thrust The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore under Harry's unwilling eyes and he saw a photograph of the original letter that Dumbledore had written Grindelwald, with Dumbledore'sfamiliar thin, slanting handwriting. He hated seeing absolute proof that Dumbledore really had written those words, that they had not been Rita's invention.

"The signature," said Hermione. "Look at the signature, Harry!"

Rigel got up and looked at the signature. Dumbledore had replaced the A of Albus with a tiny version of the same triangular mark inscribed upon The Tales of Beedle the Bard.

"Er — what are you — ?" said Ron tentatively, but Hermione quelled him with a look and turned back to Harry.

"It keeps cropping up, doesn't it?" she said. "I know Viktor said it was Grindelwald's mark, but it was definitely on that old grave in Godric's Hollow, and the dates on the headstone were long before Grindelwald came along! And now this! Well, we can't ask Dumbledore or Grindelwald what it means — I don't even know whether Grindelwald's still alive — but we can ask Mr. Lovegood. He was wearing the symbol at the wedding. I'm sure this is important, Harry!"

"Hermione, we don't need another Godric's Hollow. We talked ourselves into going there, and —" Eliza spoke

"But it keeps appearing, Eliza! Dumbledore left me The Tales of Beedle the Bard, how do you know we're not supposed to find out about the sign?"

"Here we go again!" Harry felt slightly exasperated. "We keep trying to convince ourselves Dumbledore left us secret signs and clues —"

"The book turned out to be pretty useful," piped up Rigel. "I think Hermione's right, I think we ought to go and see Lovegood."

"Same," said Eliza. "Let's have a chat with old Xeno."

"It won't be like Godric's Hollow," Ron added, "Lovegood's on your side, Harry, The Quibbler's been for you all along, it keeps telling everyone they've got to help you!

"I'm sure this is important!" said Hermione earnestly.

"But don't you think if it was, Dumbledore would have told me about it before he died?" Harry asked.

"Maybe . . . maybe it's something you need to find out for yourself," said Hermione

"Yeah," said Ron sycophantically, "that makes sense."

"No, it doesn't," snapped Hermione, "but I still think we ought to talk to Mr. Lovegood. A symbol that links Dumbledore, Grindelwald, and Godric's Hollow? Harry, I'm sure we ought to know about this!"

"I think we should vote on it," said Ron. "Those in favor of going to see Lovegood —"

Rigel, Eliza, Hermione's and Ron raised their hands. "I'm voting in favor of the baby," Rigel said.