𝟏. 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐆𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝

(This story is written mostly in Amelia's POV, I'll make it clear when it changes. Social media and real life story, enjoy and let me know if you like it!)

!𝙏𝙍𝙄𝙂𝙂𝙀𝙍 𝙒𝘼𝙍𝙉𝙄𝙉𝙂!

_____

"Are you coming?" I hear, coming from behind me while I'm talking to a 6 year old patient with a broken arm. I turn around for a second, and see my coworker and best friend, Emily waiting for me. We have a meeting today, in a few minutes to be exact.

"Yeah, just a second" I reply, giving her a little smile. She smiles back at me, and walks away again so I can wrap it up with the patient. "Be careful with that arm, okay? I will see you back here, in 6 weeks" I tell the little girl, and she brightly smiles as she looks at the bright-pink colored cast around her left arm.

"Thank you Doctor Morgan, see ya in 6 weeks!" she cheers, giving me a high five with her other hand. "Alright sweetie, take care" I reply, and she gives me a hug.

I love being a pediatrician at the hospital, just like all the things about being a doctor here. I work at every department, from peds to trauma and I love it. I work at peds, but I'm also neurosurgeon, an orthopedic surgeon, a cardiologist, a trauma surgeon and God know what else they ask me for.

I clean everything up, wash my hands and get to the meeting I'm supposed to be at right now. I walk into the room, and already see all of my coworkers waiting for me.

"Sorry I'm late guys" I say, immediately sitting down in my chair while they all look at me with smiles. They tell me that it's okay, and our boss starts the meeting.

With our boss, I mean the Chief. He's always here, and makes sure that we're all going to be okay. His name is Richard Webber, and he's also my dad's best friend. I've know him for as long as I can remember, he met my dad in pre-school.

Its a tough job to work in this hospital with so many specialties, but it's also the greatest job ever. I love it, even though I'm pretty much exhausted. I can't take a day off, and I'm starting to feel that. I've been working 7 days a week, about 15 hours a day for 4 years now, but I can't just take some time off.

"Alright so first of all, we wanted to tell you all that we're very proud of you. The past few months have been more busy than ever, and you guys did it. That busy period isn't over yet, so we're going to keep it short today. We're thinking about-" Richard tells, but he gets interrupted by some sounds coming from above us.

We all look up, but the trembling sound already stopped. "We're um, we're thinking about opening another-" he adds, but again, he gets interrupted by the same sound again.

"What is that?" one of the doctors asks, also looking up. "I don't kno-" I want to reply, but I get interrupted by the whole ground shaking. Everyone starts standing up, some of them even screaming.

I turn around, look out the window and see what I really hoped not to see. An airplane, flying way too low and towards the lake. "Oh my God..." I whisper to myself while Richard also looks out the window.

"Emily, get the ED ready please" I say, looking at my best friend and coworker. She nods her head, and walks out of the room along with the other doctors.

"They're going into the water" Richard says, and indeed, that's what happens. The plane gets lower and Lowe, until it hits the water. The pilot did an amazing job by landing in the water instead of in a building or something, but for now, we need to save lives.

I quickly turn around again, put on my white lab coat and page all the doctors I need. I get to the ED, and all the doctors are ready to help some patients. "Let's go save lives" Emily whispers, and we both smile before the doors slam open.

 "Let's go save lives" Emily whispers, and we both smile before the doors slam open

Tons of people get brought into the ED, and we all get to work. Everything happens really fast, there's blood everywhere and screaming people too. People are trying to find their family members, but not all of them survived. It's heartbreaking, but we have to keep going.

"She's losing too much blood, find our what her blood type is and-" I say to one of the nurses, until another doctor interrupts me. "Doctor Morgan, come with me" he says, taking me with him to another patient.

"Her tibia is almost coming out of her leg, it's broken in half. She's not responding, I think there's brain damage. Can you get her or do you ant me to page Shepherd?" he asks, and I look at the woman. Her pupils aren't responding to light, so I tell him to page Doctor Shepherd and walk to the next doctor that called for me.

The whole day continues to be busy, and unfortunately, a lot of patients have to wait for us to come up to them. We have to help the people that are dying first, before we help the people that need stitches, casts or something else like that.

A whole lot of patients and 3 surgeries later, we can finally start helping the nurses again. One of the nurses asks me to do stitches on a patient because her shift ended, but before I can go there, Derek holds me back.

"Are you okay?" he asks, looking directly into my tired eyes. "Yeah, yeah I'm okay. Are you?" I ask in reply, and he starts smiling. "I'm okay, thanks. So uh, how about a drunk tonight? Mark and Lexie are coming too and... Well, maybe we could make it a double date?" he asks, and I softly sigh.

"Derek..." I silently add, looking at my feet. "I know, I know you don't want to do that anymore but... Why don't you give me a chance? One more?" he asks, taking both of my hands in his.

I look back into his eyes, and slightly frown when I think about how many times he cheated on me in the past. "I-I don't know, I don't really feel like drinks tonight" I reply, and I walk away from him.

Derek and I dated for about a year and a half in which he cheated on me, 4 times with the same girl. I forgave him the first time, just like I did the second, third, fourth and fifth time. The sixth time I found them in his bed together, was just a little too much.

I don't want to hurt him by saying no, but I really don't feel like having drinks tonight. Especially with him. I love Mark and Lexie, they're the best! But I don't want to be with Derek tonight, I know how those nights end and we'll... I don't feel like it.

I sigh again, take the chart I need for the patient and open the curtain. "Good evening Mr. Evans, I'm-" I say reading the chart until I look up.