𝟏𝟖. 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐧

"I'm sure Amelia would love nothing less than to spend her whole life with you too" my dad says through the computer, and my eyes tear up again. "I really, really hope so, because that's the reason why I was coming to Seattle in the first place. I love your daughter with all my heart, more than I've loved anyone or anything ever before. She's my future, I've known that from the moment I saw her" Chris tells, and I cry as silent as I can while blocking my mouth with my hand.

"I have a well-paid job, I have enough savings to hold a family, and... I would do anything for Amelia to be happy and satisfied. I want to give her the best of me, until the day that I die. I'm a bit nervous, but you see, in this box is a ring for her. So my following questions is... May I ask your daughter to marry me?" Chris asks, showing my dad a little black box.

I quickly take a step back, and hide behind the wall where he can't see me. I keep my hand on my mouth as I cry my eyes out, he wants to marry me! I can't even fucking believe it, I'm so, so so happy right now!

I can hear my dad cheering, saying yes to Chris a thousand times until they say goodbye. I hear the laptop closing, the chair moving and Chris' footsteps coming my way.

He steps around the corner, and immediately stops walking as soon as he sees me. He tries to hide the little black box in his hand, and clenches his jaw as he looks right into my eyes.

He definitely notices my tears, which are all over my face and hands. "For how long have you been standing there?" he asks after a moment of just looking at each other in silence.

"Long enough" I giggle, wiping away all the tears with my hands. "Long enough?" he asks again, and he starts smiling now. "What exactly did you hear?" he asks, putting his hands behind his back.

"Let's see, um, I heard you talking to my dad, I heard that you were going to Seattle, I heard what you told him about me, I heard what you asked him and I know what's behind your back" I reply, crying again while I smile bright.

"Yeah?" he asks, also tearing up so I nod my head and wipe away more of my tears. "This was absolutely not the plan" Chris chuckles, showing his hands again. It makes me laugh, he's so adorable!

"I guess I'm doing this now, huh?" he asks, showing me the black box in his hand. "That's up to you, Mister" I giggle, pulling him in for a long kiss. "I love you" I say once we separate for some air.

"I love you too, baby. I know you already heard my whole 'I love you till the end of my life' speech, so..." he replies, letting go of me. He keeps looking right into my eyes and he kneels down in front of me, showing me the box again but this time, he opens it.

"Baby, will you marry me?" he asks, and I start crying again. "Yes! Oh my God, yes! Ofcourse I want to marry you! God, I love you so much!" I cheer, pulling back up again. We give each other a big, loving hug, followed by a romantic, passionate kiss.

He shoves the ring around my finger very gently, it's so beautiful! We kiss again, and again, and again until we get to the bedroom where we 'celebrate' the engagement together. You know what I mean.

The next morning, we have breakfast together and tell put family and friends. They love it for us, their reaction was amazing!

- HUGE TIME SKIPP -

One day before Chris and I got married here in Boston, we found out that I was pregnant. We has an amazing, beautiful wedding, and 9 months after that, I have birth to out beautiful baby daughter. Her name is Cecilia-May 'Cece' Lisa Evans, and she was born in May 9th.

Three years after having our daughter, I got pregnant with our second. Or at least, that's what we thought. Our second turned out also be a third, we were having boy twins. Chris and I both always wanted 3 kids, so it was amazing when we heard about it.

Their names are Steven 'Steve' Robert Evans, and James 'Jamie' Jackson Evans. They're great boys, we love our kids so much! Were the boy names inspired by Marvel? Maybe. Yes.

My dad indeed made Steve a mini-shield when he was born, and made James a little shirt with a little metal arm on it. What can I say, our life turned out to be perfect. A real blessing in disguise.

__________

(Hi guys! Thank you so much for reading this story! I really appreciate it, thank you!)

❤️