𝟖. 𝐓𝐨𝐨 𝐌𝐮𝐜𝐡

I walk them to the exit of the hospital, and stop outside the doors. Sebastian walks away to get the car, so Chris and I are alone for a while. "I really missed you, I'm glad I got to see you again today" he says, taking my hand. I softly smile at him, and nod my head.

"I really missed you too, I'm happy we get to see each other 2 times a week now. Oh and if you ever need a place to stay, give me a call" I reply, making him silently laugh. "I will, but I'm staying at a hotel so I'm good" he adds, and I silently laugh with him.

"Seriously though, if you ever um... I-I mean, if you ever want to um... S-see me, I guess, you can call me. Or actually you can call me anytime, whenever you want" I nervously say, trying to let him know that I really like him.

"Same for you, sweetheart. So uh, call me when you're home?" he asks, still holding my hand. I nod my head, tell him that it'll be after I had dinner, and give him a hug.

I wave them goodbye, and spend the rest of the day helping more patients. At 8pm, I meet my dad at his car and have dinner with him at a restaurant in town.

"Are you sure you're okay? Your mother and I are really concerned about you, Richard is too. We think you should stop working for a while, to be honest. It's better for you to get some rest, this is not good for your health" my dad explains, and I silently sigh.

"Look, I get it... I'm exhausted and I know it's not right but... I can't just stop. It's way too busy to stop working now dad, I can't do it" I reply, and he nods his head.

"I understand that you're feeling like you're responsible for-" he tries to add, but I interrupt him. "I am responsible, dad. I'm responsible for my interns, for my patients, surgeries... I don't think I can just stop working because I'm 'tired', everyone is" I say.

"But they're not tired like you are. You're making yourself sick by the way you work every day, all day. You barely have time to sleep, it's okay to have coworkers covering your shifts. You do the same for them, don't you?" he asks, so I nod my head and agree.

After talking about it for a while longer, we change the subject. I tell my dad that Chris Evans is my patient, and he kind of freaks out. When I get home after dinner with my dad, I lay down in bed and text Chris.

__________

|text message|
|Chris|

Me
Hey, I'm home now🤗

Chris
Hey! How was your dinner?

Me
It was great, thank you

Me
I went with my dad, actually

Chris
Oh that's nice! He flew here
from Seattle?

Me
He did! And you met him
today

Chris
What? I didn't meet your dad

Chris
Did I?

Me
Yeah, you did

Me
He came up to me and he was
like 'oh my God Am, I met
Captain America' 🤣

Chris
Oh no

Chris
Seriously? I met your dad??

Me
Yup!! But he loved you!

Chris
Oh thank God

Chris
Does he know?

Me
Know what?