𝟗. 𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

I put down my phone, and feel tears rolling down my cheeks. I'm so tired, I haven't had a proper amount of sleep in years and my shifts are never shorter than 15 hours. I hide my face I my hands for a second, and wile away the tears.

"You didn't have a break?" I hear, coming from the door of the locker room I'm in. I quickly look up, and see Richard standing there. Great...

I sigh, and look at my feet now. "You didn't have a break?!" he asks, way louder this time. "N-no but there wasn't time for me to-" I try to reply, but he interrupts me.

"That's it! I'm done with this, Amelia! You have to take care of yourself! You've been working since 5am, it's 1am now for God's sake! You can't do this anymore, I'm taking you off schedule for the next 6 months" he loudly says, walking away again.

"No! No, Richard you can't- you can't do that!" I say, quickly following him into the hallway with my teary eyes. "I'll take time off, but please let me stay until Mr. Evans can walk again. Please, he's my patient and... I-I want to keep helping him until he can walk" I suggest, and he slowly nods his head.

"Fine, but after that, you're getting time off. Oh and if you take another shift over one more time, I'm getting you off schedule anyway" he replies, and he walks again. I sigh in relief, grab my things and drive back home while trying to stay awake.

When I get home, I tell Chris that I'm home and put on my pajamas. I check my phone one more time before going to sleep, and see that Richard send me a message that says that I'm off tomorrow. I sigh again, reply and fall asleep within seconds.

I wake up at 10am the next morning, I never wake up this late! I get out of bed after just laying there for about an hour, and take a nice hot shower. Once I'm all done getting ready for doing nothing all day, I decide to clean up my house. After that and doing some grocery shopping, I check my phone for messages.

__________

|text message|
|Chris|

Chris
Hey baby, good luck at work today

Chris
Take care of yourself

Me
Hey!! I'm off today, actually

Me
But thank you, that's really
sweet🤗

Chris
Oh! That's great!

Chris
Any plans?

Me
Not anymore! I cleaned my whole
house and did groceries🎉

Chris
I am SO PROUD of you

Me
Thanks!!! 😂😂

Me
If you want, and if you don't have
any plans either, we can do
something?

Me
Like, watching a movie? You can
come over if you want, I can cook
for you tonight

Chris
I'd love that, yeah!

Chris
Sounds great!

Me
Okay!! Then I'll see you in a
few😊

Chris
See you in a few, sweetheart

seen.

__________