𝟏𝟑. 𝐄𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐲 𝐃𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 (𝐄𝐃)

- One Month Later -

Today is the day before Thanksgiving, and Chris asked me to spend it with him and his family. He said that his family really wanted me to be there, and to be honest, I was honored. Ofcourse I said yes, and we're leaving this afternoon for Boston.

Chris has been practicing walking every day, it's going great! He can take steps now, I'm so proud of him! He practices by using a chair for support it sometimes, my hands. His family doesn't know it yet, he wants to tell them when we get there.

Things have been amazing in the past month. Our relationship became stronger with ever day that passed, and he feels so good about being able to stand and use his legs again. I have to slow him down a lot, to make sure that he's not over-using them.

When he couldn't feel or use his legs, sex was fucking great. Now that he can use his legs, sex has been even fucking greater. Let's just say that he really, really spoiled me when he knew what he was able to do again.

We've been together for 7 months now, and it's still like I'm on cloud 9. I love Chris, I'm sure I do, and I think he still likes me too. Chris also really wants to meet my parents, just like my parents want to meet him in person but there's one problem. They live in Seattle, and the only reasonable way to get there is by plane.

I haven't talked to him about the fact that seeing my parents in Seattle includes going on a plane two times, because I'm thinking about inviting them to come to New York.

I'm sure they'll understand and they'd love to do it, but I'm also sure that Chris is going to say something heroic like 'No, we should go to Seattle. They shouldn't have to travel that distance only because I can't get on a plane. I'll get on the plane, I'll do it', and I don't want him to say that stuff.

I called my family a few times, using FaceTime mostly. So technically, he did meet my family! Every time he heard me talking to them, he wanted to say hi. They love him,and he loves them. He even gave Miles his number so he can text him whenever he has a question, they're going to be real buddies.

Chris also FaceTimed his family a lot, and I always said hi too. I love his family so much, they're the best! They're so sweet, so caring and so nice to me, I'd love to spend Thanksgiving with them.

What's also been happening in the past month, is Chris staying at my place with Dodger. He checked out at the hotel he was staying, and stays with me instead now. I love it, it's a great feeling to be with him every day. He told me that he also loves it to be with me all the time, and that he hates the fact that he lives in Boston.

I'm at work right now, and my shift in the ED almost ends. Just one more hour to go, and I'll grab my bag to go to Boston for the weekend. It's pretty quiet now, and my phone buzzes. I take a look, and see a message.

__________

|text message|
|Chris|

Chris
Hey baby

Chris
Are you still at work?

Me
Yeah, one more hour

Chris
Alright, good!

Chris
So a friend of mine dislocated
her shoulder

Me
Oh! Is she alright?

Chris
She's in pain, but she only
wants to go to the hospital if
you're there

Chris
Because she wants to meet you
so bad

Me
Really? 😂

Me
That's really sweet!

Chris
Yeah yeah but everyone wants
to come with us

Me
Everyone?

Chris
Everyone... Like almost all of the
people here

Me
Oh! Alright, so what are you
going to do?

Chris
I don't know, what do you want
me to do?

Me
Look, I'd love to meet your friends
but I've been working for 10
hours straight, I'm wearing
scrubs and a lab coat and
I look like shit

Me
So it's actually pretty much up
to you

Chris
You don't like like shit

Chris
You never look like shit, my
friends are going to be so jealous
of me😌

Me
You're adorable

Me
Thank you honey🥰

Chris
Always, so are you in the ED?

Me
Yup!

Chris
Then we'll be there in a few

Me
Okay, I'll wait for you🥰

Chris
❤️

seen.

__________

Alright, so Chris is coming in with his friends soon. I'm kind of nervous, what if they don't like me? I wait for about 20 minutes, until Chris and his friends come in. He brought Robert Downey Jr, Elizabeth Olsen who's shoulder is dislocated, Anthony Mackie, Sebastian was there too, Chris Hemsworth, and Paul Rudd. I loved them, and thank God, they told me that they love me too.

His friends all went home for Thanksgiving too, and after letting Chris meet my friends here, we get back to my place together.

"So, do you like them?" he asks as I grab out bags after taking a quick shower and dressing up. "I did, yeah. Do you think they liked me? Oh God... Shit, Chris, what if they don't like me? I-I should've dressed myself up! Oh my God, I'm so stupid, why didn't I do that? They don't like me, do they? Oh my God..." I say while tears fill my eyes, and I try not to get a panic attack.

"Baby... They love you. Seriously, they really love you! All of them ready texted me about it, they think you're amazing and awesome and sweet and kind and not to mention, crazy beautiful" he chuckles.

"Are you sure...?" I nervously ask, sitting down on his lap in the wheelchair. "I'm sure, baby. There's nothing to worry about" he replies, and he gives me a little kiss on my temple.

"Did I embarrass you?" I ask after a moment of silence. I can feel him frowning against my face, so I look uk and see that he's indeed frowning. "What? How could you ever embarrasse me? Please don't think that, please don't think you embarrassed me, baby. You didn't, you only made me feel proud" he tells, making me smile now.

"You're so sweet" I sigh with a smile, giving him a kiss on his lips. "The next time I'm going to see your friends, I'll dress up" I add, and now he sighs. "You always look beautiful, don't say those things about yourself. There's no need to be insecure about anything, baby" he says, making me smile at him.

"Okay... Alright, um, yeah, let's go then" I add, and he laughs a little. We get to the car, I help him get in and I drive towards Boston. It's a 4 hour ride, this is going to take a while.

Chris' POV

Isn't she perfect? I can't believe she's thinking that my friends didn't like her, God, they absolutely loved her. I could tell, they were so kind and happy and... I don't know, but they definitely liked her. She's driving right now, and my phone buzzes, I take a look, and see that my friends sent me messages.