𝟐. 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐆𝐨 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤

I'm looking into the beautiful eyes of the patient in front of me, and I suddenly stop talking. "Um, I'm Doctor Morgan, I'm here to get you some stitches" I quickly add, trying my best not to seem too nervous.

"Hi! Y-yeah, that's uh, yeah that's me" he chuckles, also looking a little nervous. God, this man is gorgeous! Despite all the blood, he looks beautiful. I've never looked into such pretty, kind eyes in my life...

"How are you feeling? Any pain?" I ask, grabbing everything I need to do the stitches on his face. "I'm okay, thank you" he kindly replies with a little smile, so I smile back at him.

I put on the latex gloves, and sit down on the side of his bed so I can reach his face for the stitches. "That's good, I'm glad you're feeling okay. No headaches? Or pain anywhere else? Pressure?" I ask again, looking at his chart.

"Um, yeah, my head hurts pretty bad all the time. My uh, my ribs too and I guess, when I'm breathing heavily, my chest hurts. Like, I feel pressure and sometimes it feels like I'm getting stabbed, you know?" he explains, and I frown.

"Have you told the doctors before me yet?" I ask in reply, seeing that none of this is on his chart. "Actually, you're the first one to walk in here" Mr. Evans nervously replies to me, looking into my eyes.

"I'm the first doctor here?" I ask again, and he nods his head. Suddenly, he starts frowning, like something hurts. He looks at his chest, and starts breathing faster. "Are you ok-" I try to ask, until he passes out.

I see a large amount of blood coming from underneath him, meaning that he has a wound on his back which he didn't tell en about yet. This caused a hypovolemic shock, which then caused a cardiac arrest.

I immediately start calling everyone I need for help, and treat him like we should. We struggle to get him back, but after a while of trying our best, it works. I look at him after we got him back, and make sure that he's comfortable in the room we brought him to.

I keep looking at him for a while, still not knowing why nobody came in here to help him sooner. What if this happened earlier, when he was alone? He could've died, no, he would've died.

Suddenly, the door to his room opens. I turn around, and see Derek walking up to me. "Hey, are you coming?" he asks, even though I said I didn't feel like drinks tonight. "Oh, um, I-I don't-" I reply, but he already interrupts me.

"Come on, it'll be fun! We should go on a date tonight, so come on" Derek adds, walking out again. I sigh, and look at my feet for a while.

Mr Evans is in a coma now, and will probably not wake up tomorrow or the day after that. I feel so bad for him, he's so young and because of that huge wound caused by the crash, his life almost ended. I really hope there isn't a lot of brain damage or anything, he doesn't deserve that.

After looking and sitting with him for a while longer I decide to get up and get myself ready to go out tonight. I change into my own clothes in the locker room, and spend the rest of the night with Mark, Lexie and Derek.

Even though Derek cheated on me with Meredith, Lexie's sister, I still like Lexie. She's amazing, I love her so much! I also really love hanging out with Mark. He's been my friend for years and I can always talk to him, about anything.

After about an hour of hanging our with them three, Emily and Sarah also came into the bar

After about an hour of hanging our with them three, Emily and Sarah also came into the bar. They're my best friends, and totally helped me out by telling me that I shouldn't get back with Derek.

Me, Emily and Sarah get to my place at 1am, and talk for a while longer. "Seriously Am, don't go back to him. He cheated in you, he cheated in you 6 times with the same girl! I know that he can look at you in a way that makes you feel like you have to say yes, but you don't" Sarah explains.

"Exactly, and we're always here to help you out. Derek wanted to take you home tonight, and I'm sure it wasn't just to talk about his feelings for you" Emily adds, and I slowly nod my head.

"You're right... But... When he asks me out, he looks at me with those eyes and I just... I feel like I can't do anything but saying yes" I reply while my eyes tear up, and they both hug me.

"We're so proud of you, Am. You broke up with him after the 6th time and now you're home instead of with him, that's amazing. You did great, sweetie" Emily tells, making me smile again.

They're right, the relationship I had with Derek was pretty awful and toxic. He cheated, and I always accepted that about him. We fought a lot, almost every day or night, but we still stayed together. The first few weeks into our relationship were cute and all, but that changed.

I'd never want to get back to him, but it's really hard for me to just say no. He has that kind of impact on me, like I can't say no. It's scary, but I have to stand up for myself now. They both left after talking to me, and I see them again the next day at work.

- Two Days Later -

I started this morning at 6am, and they both come in after lunch. I'm walking through the hallway after seeing a patient, looking at the chart of my next patient, which is Mr. Evans.

I walk into his room, but he hasn't woken up yet. I already thought he'd still be in a coma, but I still wanted to check. "Hey! How are you?" I hear, coming from the door of Mr. Evans's room.

I turn around, and see Derek walking in as well. "I'm fine" I reply with a kind smile, and I start writing things down on the chart in my hands. "You, me, dinner, tonight. What do you say?" he asks, hugging me from behind. I look at the ground, knowing that I want to say no.

"I-I don't think that's a good idea, Derek" I nervously reply, and he sighs. "And why is that?" he asks again, turning me around my placing his hands on my waist.

"B-because I... Because I don't want to" I reply, still very nervously. "It'll be fun, trust me. It's been months since we've been on an actual date together, don't you think it's time to do it again?" he suggests, and I look at my feet again.

"I broke up with you, Derek..." I silently add, but he shakes his head. "We can get back together, just meet me in the locker room at 7 tonight" he replies, and he fully grabs my ass.

I shake my head this time, and get his hand off of me. "I said, no" I say, loud and clear enough for him to hear it. "Fine, but you'll come running back to me soon enough" he sighs, winking at me before he walks out.