𝟕. 𝐏𝐡𝐲𝐬𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐲

Still Chris' POV

"Are you ready to go?" Sebastian asks while I put on my jacket. "Yeah, and thank you again for everything. I really appreciate it" I reply, making my way towards the car. "Ofcourse, I really want you to be able to walk again soon" he adds, and I smile at him.

We get in the car, and he drives over to the hospital. Before we get out of the car, I have to tell him about Amelia. "Hey um, before we go inside... I-I um... Well, there's this girl and... I think I, no, I know I really like her and, well, she's in there so..." I nervously stutter, and he widens his eyes.

"I knew it, I thought you looked so happy when Lizzie and I came to visit you in Boston. She said it too, it's like you're in love or something" he replies, making me smile again.

"Yeah, yeah I am. Or, you know, I think I am. We haven't been talking for a really long time yet" I add. "That's okay, for how long have you been talking to her? How did you even meet her?" Sebastian asks again.

"We've been talking for about 2 months now, and I met her in there" I chuckle, pointing at the hospital. "Oh! She was in the crash too?" he asks, so I shake my head. "No, no she um, she was my doctor actually. She saved my life" I tell with a little smile, only thinking about her.

"That is fucking adorable! Am I going to meet her in there?" he asks in reply, so I nod my head again. "She's gonna get me the physical therapy so yeah, you're gonna meet her" I chuckle again, and he starts cheering.

I tell him a little more about Amelia and what we're been doing in the last few months, and we get inside after. We take place in the waiting room, and wait for Amelia to get us. Suddenly, I get a message on my phone.

Back to Amelia's POV

Right when I'm about to get Chris, I get paged to do an emergency surgery
I have to go, so Emily takes it over for me. I don't want Chris to be surprised, so I send him a message first while I walk towards the OR in the right clothes.

__________

|text message|
|Chris|

Me
Hey, so there's been a slight
change of plans

Chris
Hey! What is it?

Chris
I'm here by the way, can't wait
to see you again

Me
I have to do an emergency
surgery...

Me
I just got paged, but a really nice
doctor is going to take over

Me
She's my friend, you'll like her

Chris
You're not coming?

Me
I'm sorry Chris, but I'll get there
to see you afterwards

Me
I don't think it'll take a long
time

Chris
That's okay, no need to apologize
sweetheart!

Chris
Go save some lives😉

Me
I'll be with you as soon as I can,
I promise

Chris
Alright, good luck

Me
Thank you, you too☺️

seen.

__________

"Shit..." I whisper to myself, knowing that I really wanted to be there today. I get ready for the surgery, do everything I can and finish after only a few minutes. Turns out it wasn't an emergency after all, someone just didn't feel like doing it.

Now, I get ready to see Chris. I fix my hair, put on my lab coat and make my way towards the physical therapy space he's in, until my dad walks up to me.

"Dad? What are you doing here?" I ask with a smile, giving him a big hug. My family lives in Seattle, I don't really see them that much because of that. "I'm here to see you and Richard for a day. How are you doing lately? I heard that you're working way too much" he replies, and I slowly nod my head.

"Richard said that, didn't he?" I sigh, looking at my feet. "Yeah, he talked to us about it. We're really concerned, you know we are. Why don't you just take a step back from work and-" he suggests, but I interrupt him.

"I can't do that, you know I can't. I um, I-I have to see a patient now" I quickly say. "Alright, let's have dinner tonight. I'll wait for you outside at 8 okay? Oh and by the way, something really cool happened just a few minutes ago" my dad adds, and I agree on having dinner with him.

"You know those movies I like, right? With the uh, you call it, 'frizbee thingy'?" he asks. "Oh yeah, with the star on it? I've never seen any of those movies, but what about them?" I ask in reply, and he brightly smiles.

"Well, the guy that shield belongs to, the actor, is here. I just saw him! I met him! He's such a nice guy, too bad he's in a wheelchair now. I hope he'll be okay soon" he replies, and now I get it.

"You mean Chris Evans? That's the actor you like so much?" I ask, getting happy about the fact that he likes Chris so much. "Yeah, definitely! You should really watch Marvel movies sweetie, especially the Captain America trilogy" he chuckles, and he walks away again.

 "Yeah, definitely! You should really watch Marvel movies sweetie, especially the Captain America trilogy" he chuckles, and he walks away again

I softly smile, and walk over to Emily, Chris and his friend. I open the doors, and see them doing the therapy session. I lean against the wall, just watching them doing the exercises while I softly smile.

"What many people don’t realize is that the exercises practiced in a physical therapy session are usually not enough. Thousands of repetitions are required to promote neuroadaptive changes in the spinal cord, so it’s essential to also practice at home" Emily explains, looking at Chris.

"How do I do that? Practicing at home?" he asks in reply. "Place your left hand or wrist under your left knee, and pull your left knee up toward your chest. Hold the stretch for at least 15 to 30 seconds. Repeat 2 to 4 times. Do the same exercise with your right hand and right knee. You can repeat this multiple times a day for faster recovery. The higher the intensity, the greater the recovery outcome" Emily explains, and he nods his head.

I walk up to them, and ask about how it went. I'm happy to hear that everything went well, and keep smiling at Chris. "I'm glad it went well. It's nice to meet you, Mr..." I say, sticking out my hand towards Chris' friend.

"Stan, you can call me Sebastian" the kind man replies, gently shaking my hand. "I'm Doctor Morgan, I'll be Mr Evans' physical therapist from now on" I add, and he widens his eyes.

"Oh! You're- She's not- You are the- oh! Okay! Alright, good! It's so, so nice to meet you, Doctor Morgan!" he cheers, making me feel a little confused at first. "Okay, so remember to practice at home and take care of yourself. Have a good day" Emily says, and she walks away.

"Did you make a new appointment yet?" I ask, looking at Chris again. "Not yet, no" he replies, so so softly smile at him and book him an appointment for Friday. He's going to come here every Tuesday and every Friday for physical therapy, so I'll be seeing him a lot!