𝟏𝟔. 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

I take a shower, dress up and walk back to the kitchen after 20 minutes. "Can I come back now, hon-" I say, but I stop talking once I see a huge bouquet of beautiful pastel colored flowers on the kitchen counter.

I smile at the sight, and walk over to it. There's also an envelope here, making me smile even brighter now. The envelope says 'don't look at the front of the card before reading the inside!', so I open the envelope, get the heavy card out with my eyes closed, and open them again when I open the card.

__________

Hey baby, so here's the thing:

I love you, so so much! I love being with you and, well, I love everything about you. You made my life so much better, not to mention that you made me able to walk again after the crash.

You know what I hate though? The distance between New York and Boston. Now, I know you've always wanted to live in Boston because you told me that, but I also know that your work is here.

So, I talked to your boss the other day. Richard, and thank God, he likes me. I talked to him about this idea I had, because I also know that you don't want to be doctor for the rest of your life. I know that you're tired, of-and because of your job, I'd like to change that.

I convinced him to keep paying your salary, while you stop working. They have plenty of doctors now, he said that everything will be alright. He wants you to be happy, just like I want you to be happy.

I know you're not happy with your life right now, because of how busy it is at the hospital and because of the little time you have left to spend with me, so I took care of that!

Alright, now go ahead and close the card. My question for you is on there, baby.

I love you!

Chris

__________

I wipe away a few tears before closing the card, knowing that everything he said is true. My parents and friends have been begging me to quit my job, because it's not making me feel good anymore. I liked being a doctor for all those years, but not anymore.

I smile, and slowly close the card again. I look at the front, and start silently crying at the words. 'Will you move in with me?', that's what the card says.

"So, what do you say? Wanna be roommates?" I hear, coming from behind me. I quickly turn around, and see my beautiful boyfriend standing there with a single key in his hand.

"Really?! Are you- are you sure?! Oh my God! Oh my- yes! Yes ofcourse I want to be roommates! Oh my God!" I cheer, running towards him and jumping into his arms.

"Oh my- sorry, wait" I add, getting down again. "Oh my God!" I cheer again, jumping around. "So, yeah?" he asks, smiling bright. "Yeah! Hell yeah! What did you think I'd say to this?!" I happily ask, talkjgn way too loud because of my enthusiasm.

"I don't know, actually. I was pretty fucking nervous about your reaction but this is great, I'm so fucking happy with you" he chuckles, wrapping his arms around me again.

"Are we- are we going today? Can I come with you today? I can grab a few things, right? Did you want to come with me right now?" I ask, still happier than ever.

"I'd love that, yeah! Maybe we can come back for the rest of your things later? I mean, we don't have to rush anything" Chris replies, and I agree. We decide to grab a few of my things, so I can come stay woth him for a while now before we get back here to get my stuff and sell my house.