𝟏𝟕. 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞

- Time Skip -

Chris and I have been together for almost 3 years now, and yes, we're still doing great. We've been visiting his family a lot, and they've been visiting us a lot too. My family visited us a a few times too, but we mostly just FaceTime with them because of the distance.

Chris' legs are doing great as well. He can fully use them again, it makes him really happy which makes me happy too. I love him so much, and I know I always will.

"Good luck with the interview, say hi to them for me okay?" I say, kissing my boyfriend of 3 years goodbye for now. "I will, thanks baby" Chris replies, giving me another kiss before walking out the door.

He's going to Connecticut for a few interviews with the Marvel cast, I'm going to have to miss him for a few days now.

Chris' POV

Yeah, that whole Connecticut interview story was bullshit. I actually got mysf a plane ticket to Seattle, to go and see Amelia's parents. Or actually, to see her dad. I feel good about going on a plane now, I think I can do it!

I get to airport, and start feeling less good every second. I step inside, and start breathing heavily. I feel like I can barely breath, and the whole horror movie I experienced with the crash, repeats itself in my head.

I take a few steps back, and close my eyes. I have to do it, I have to go to Seattle. I have to ask Amelia's father something really important, I'd hate to do it through FaceTime...

I give it about 8 more tries, but I can't. I can't do it. I can't get in the plane, I'm having a crazy panic attack right now and I just need to get out of here. I grab my things, quickly get back to my car and just sit there.

I just sit in the car, looking through the front window. I hate myself for this, I know I have to go to Seattle, but I can't. I start crying, running my hands through my hair and hiding my face in my hands.

"Fuck..." I whisper to myself, knowing damn well that I'm not getting on that plane. After hating myself and calming down from the panic attack for about 2 hours in my car, I drive back home.

Back to Amelia's POV

I just got home from the fog park with Dodger, and grab myself a cup of tea. I give Dodger a treat, and hear the front door opening. I frown a little, and turn around. I see Chris walking in, his eyes all red, puffy and teary.

"Hey hon- are you okay?" I immediately ask, standing up and walking over to him as he shakes his head and drops his bag. "No, no I'm not okay, I'm not okay" he silently replies with a shivering voice, and he starts crying.

"Honey..." I say, quickly wrapping both my arms around his neck, pulling him as close as I can. I place my hand on the back of his head, and give his jaw little kisses. He keeps crying, wrapping his strong arms around my waist and also pulling me closer.

Once he calms down a little, I lean back a little and wipe away his tears for him. "What happened...?" I silently ask, and he looks down, slightly shaking his head.

"Hey, it's alright, it's okay, I'm here" I add, placing both my hands on his cheeks. He looks up now, right into my eyes and softly smiles. He gives me a long, passionate kiss, and tells me he loves me about 10 times.

"I-I love you too honey, I love you too. What happened?" I ask again, and he sighs. "I'm not supposed to tell you that" he replies, looking at my lips again.

 "I'm not supposed to tell you that" he replies, looking at my lips again

"What? Why not?" I ask, holding his hands. "Because... Well, you'll figure out in a while" he chuckles, giving me another kiss. "I don't get it, is it something bad? Are you- are you breaking up with me...?" I nervously ask again, taking a step back.

"What? Baby, no, no ofcourse not! God, definitely fucking not" he chuckles again, and I sigh. I ask him about it a few more times, but he just won't tell me. After a few hours of cuddling together, I get to bed. Chris still has some work to do on his laptop, so he stays in the living room for a while longer.

I lay down in bed, and wait for Chris for about an hour. "Let's go get your dad" I sigh, petting Dodger before getting out of bed again. I walk over to the kitchen, and notice that the lights there are turned on. I look around the corner, and see that Chris is sitting at the dinner table with his laptop.

I lean against the wall, and hear him talking to someone. "So um... I-I got this um... This ticket, to come and see you in Seattle but... Well, I went to the airport and all but I just- I couldn't do it... I hate myself for it, I really do, but I just couldn't get in" he tells, looking at his hands.

"Hey, don't say that, it's not yout fault. I think it's the sweetest, most thoughtful thing to want to come here to see us, but I also thi k that you shouldn't have even thought about doing it" I hear, coming from the laptop in a male voice. I know that male voice, that's my dad...

"Thank you, I really appreciate the understanding... I'm so sorry, I really wanted to come, but I couldn't do it" Chris replies, and I slightly frown while my eyes tear up.

"And that's okay, son. I don't want you to feel bad about it, it's seriously not your fault and I completely understand. I know you really wanted to, but I also know that you shouldn't do that yet. It's a big step to get on a plane again, don't do it if you're not ready" my dad tells, and Chris slowly nods his head.

"I just really wanted to do this in person" Chris adds, clearly sad about whatever he's talking about. "I know, I get that, but it's okay like this. Most people don't even actually ask fathers this question anymore, the fact that you're doing that makes me feel so happy, Chris" my dad says, and I frown again.

"You already know what I'm about to ask, don't you" Chris chuckles, making my dad laugh with him. "I do, at least I think I do" my dad exclaims, and Chris nods his head again.

"So um... Well, I love Amelia very very much, I hope you know I do" Chris says. "I do know that, yes. You two are soulmate, of you ask me. Amelia just completely lights up when you walk into the room, still after 3 years of being together. That's special, son. You're special, especially to her" my dad tells, and Chris smiles.

"And that's exactly the way I feel when she walks into the room as well. She means everything to me, I wouldn't know what to do without her in my life. She's everything I ever wanted and more, she's like a dream coming true. I'd love nothing more, than to be with her for the ret of my life" my beautiful, lovely and sweet boyfriend of 3 years explains, looking at my dad through the screen.