3

MONTH 2

"..........as prions aren't truly alive, there's no real way to "kill" them. Yes, THE INEVITABLES,they can persist in the environment and stay contagious for years, even surviving normal sterilization techniques.........."

Jennie wasn't able to concentrate on the words. The only thing she was able to concentrate on was how her new professor's beautiful heart-shaped lips were moving and how her eyes were filled with so much enthusiasm and energy while explaining whatever topic she was teaching. She enchanted whole class on her first day including her and now it has been a whole month. Whole month, she still hasn't said anything to her professor regarding that incident.

When the lecture finished she was already encircled by many students, some with doubts, some just there to get her attention somehow. Jennie was still sitting at her chair waiting for everyone to finish, so she can talk to her professor without any interference. When her coast was clear, she stood from her seat and started moving toward the brunette who was concentrating on some papers in her hand.

"Excuse me, Miss! " She said somehow trying to control her hesitation. Its not everyday that Jennie Kim is nervous to talk to someone but her new professor has this effect on her.

Her professor stopped her work and looked at her,waiting for her to speak. Jennie said nothing, just looked back at her with little uneasiness.

"If you don't have anything to say then pardon me... i have to go." Jisoo said calmly. Then she collected her papers and went toward the door. Jennie ran behind her and holded her wrist to stop her from walking. Jisoo looked back at her with stern gaze and Jennie immediately freed her hold.

"I... I want to apologize for what i did.... I didn't knew you were a professor. If i had any idea who you were, i wouldn't have done it. I am sorry." She said in one breathe. But instead of saying anything her professor laughed at her apology. She was surprised to see her reaction. Is she that mad at her that she has gone insane?
She thought.

"Would you have apologized to me if i didn't turned out to be your teacher? If i have been a student just like you !"

Her question shocked Jennie and she knew what girl meant. She would've never. She never did before. As if her professor saw her answer in her eyes. She shaked her head and gave her a pitied smile.

"Look, i don't care what pranks and dares you pull off with your friends. Its not my concern but you should respect other people's privacy too. You didn't even cared to explain or take my consent before...... before what you did."

Her words made Jennie realise that how careless she has been through all these years. Trying to claim that she's the best and can do anything  challenged to her, she never turned to look back at the mess she created. She ducked her head low, not able to look into the eyes of person who just made her realise everything.

"Its okay, I've also done my share of serious shit in college days but i learnt from it. So relax and forget about it. It was a mistake and i hope you'll learn from it too."

Her professor placed her hand on her shoulder to comfort her. She looked at her professor and the smile on that girl's face eased her mind. She returned her smile and her professor patted her head before leaving her alone in the classroom.
Jennie sat back in the nearby seat. She didn't just realised everything her professor said to her. She realised one more thing maybe she like her new biology professor which is a huge concern because she's straight. Is she really? Maybe she has to discuss all this with her friends to get a clear view.

(You can help her too,guys.😊)