12

Jennie woke up with banging headache and sore back muscles. She looked around the place and find it strange. Where she is? She tried to recall yesterday incident but nothing came to her mind. There was a glass of water and medicine placed on the table in front of her and a hot cup of coffee. She has seen this cup somewhere. Suddenly realisation stuck her mind and she forgot about her headache. She looked at the picture on the wall to confirm. Yes, she's at her professor's house. But how did she came here? Did she do something stupid to her professor? All the thoughts started panicking her. She was about to run away when a voice stopped her.

"No need for that. Take your medicine and then drink your coffee. Your friends are already on their way to pick you up."

She looked up and find her professor staring at her from the kitchen where she was sitting on the bar stool with coffee in her hand. She did as her professor said without saying a word and then went to place her empty cup in the sink.

"Thanks and Sorry. I mean i don't know how i ended up here. I am so sorry. Its embarrassing, you know! "
She said in low voice.

"Its okay, you were drunk. And you did nothing embarassing, so relax. Take rest, your friend will take some time to reach here. " Jisoo said in relaxed tone.

"Still i am sorry...... " she said trying to not embarrass herself anymore. She knew she must have done something stupid which her professor is not telling her for some reason and how her friends know she's here.
She was about to ask but like her professor read her mind she replied.

"They were calling you nonstop last night so i had to answer your call to ensure them that you're safe and they said that they'll pick you up in the morning around 9. So i sent them the address. "

"hmmm.... Okay..... Thank you very much again. I don't know what to say. " She didn't knew why she was feeling so akward to talk to her professor. She sat back at the couch trying to remember last night but everything was blurry. The last she remember was playing beer pong with Kai. Thats it, nothing else. Her professor was busy preparing breakfast in the kitchen. She tried to offer her help but she denied it politely instead gave her utilities to freshen up. After eating breakfast with her professor with no words exchanged and nothing else to do, she just sat back at the couch, waiting for Rosé and Lisa to come and pick her up soon.
The room was silent even though both Jisoo and Jennie was present in the room. Jisoo was reading some book while she was busy staring at her. How she ended up here, at Jisoo's house?

"You know rather than staring, if you'll ask me whatever is in your mind, that will be better." Her professor said without taking her eyes off her book.

"Ahhh.... Nothing, just wondering about last night....." she replied awkwardly.

"You were heavily drunk, ended up on my door in the middle of night, slept on couch and now you're here, thats it."

Her professor said like it was a one of the line from the book she was reading.

"Did i do somethingggg......

She asked hesitantly trying not to make it any more awkward.

"You were too much drunk to do anything at all. Only i know how i managed to take you upto this couch. "
Her professor replied again.

"Sorry for causing so much trouble to you and thanks for helping me! "She apologized to her professor.

"There's no need to be sorry. I know you all were just celebrating. After all, you're graduating now."  Her professor said with a smile and she nodded back at her.

They returned to their peaceful silence which finally got interuppted by sound of a car parking outside the house and Jennie's phone started buzzing to confirm that both Rosé and Lisa was here.

"So, i think thats it ,i should head out now. " She stood from her seat while her professor nodded her head and raised from her seat too.
They went to the door and she was about to open the door when she suddenly turned to thank her professor one last time. It took her professor by surprise and she was about to fall but her professor saved her by holding her in her arms. The proximity made her feel so many things, so she straightened herself and moved few inches away from her professor.

"I think i should go now, my friends are waiting outside. And thanksss.... again for saving me." She said in hurried tone.

Her professor didn't replied and open the door for her. She said goodbye to her professor and closed the door immediately and ran toward Lisa's car. Once she was inside the car, she finally released the breathe she was holding this whole time. Her friends looked at her with worried look.

"Are you okay? Why you were running like you saw a tiger!" Rosé asked in concerned voice.

"Not a tiger but a tigress !" she said in huffed voice.

"What? " Rosé asked while Lisa laughed at her answer and started the car.

"Lets get back to home first, i need a cold shower and change of clothes,then I'll talk." She replied and lied back in her seat as she closed her eyes. She remembered her moment with her professor and it made her wonder why and how she ended up at her home last night.