9

Jisoo poured herself her third cup of hot tea and lied down on her bed. Going out on that cold night was a bad decision as she catches cold easily but talking to Jung and resolving everything was much important and she glad she did it. As she was thinking about their meeting, someone else crossed her mind.
JENNIE KIM.
She noticed her in the same cafe as them but pretended not to. Was she after her or it was just an coincidence. Maybe she's thinking too much but Jennie knows who she is but at the time she's assure that she doesn't knows the whole truth. Turtle Kim was a part of her life that she can't erase from her life but only learn. She was sipping her tea in the nice silence of her room when her doorbell rang out of nowhere. Who could that be?
Nobody in neighborhood knows her that well and all her friends are out of town. She got up from her bed to open door for the stranger who interrupted her day.

Jennie was nervous and was shifting from one foot to another as she was waiting for her professor to open the door. She somehow rang her bell but now she was feeling more afraid than nervous as she has no idea what to say and do. Liking someone makes you do things you can never imagine. She was considering her decision to come Jisoo's home and thinking of running away when the front door suddenly opened and figure of her professor appeared in front of her with confusion written all over her face. Her eyes were screaming only one word "tired" and her nose was red..... ohhh....why her nose is red? Is she sick or something?

"Jennie..... What are you doing here? " Her professor asked in confusion.

"I....i....i wanted to know about....about.......

"You wanted to know about.....?

Her professor raised her left eyebrow in question and she forgot her words and spat the next shit that come to her mind.

.....jellyfishes, yes i wanted to know about jellyfishes ." She cursed herself for the excuse she gave to her professor.

"You came here.....in the middle to the day, not to add probably after bunking college because you are supposed to be there right now..... just to know about jellyfishes. Really ???? " Her professor said in slow and hoarse voice along with sarcasm.

Jennie exhaled a long breathe and replied to her professor.

"Ok, i lied and i am not doing a good job. The truth is i......wanted to knnoww..w.... about you! "

"About me? "

"I mean you were not coming to college and i thought.....so i just wanted to know about..... i know its not right but.......

"Ok, ok, one sec, hold on ! You are babbling alot. Calm down!" Jisoo said in worried tone looking at the flustered state of her student.

Jennie stopped talking and closed her eyes. Jisoo looked at the girl in front of her with her eyes closed and without any thought her eyes moved down to her lips and a certain memory flashed in front of her eyes but she gathered her thoughts quickly.

" Are you okay now? Come inside and lets talk in peace whatever you want to discuss! " Jisoo said and turned inside her home while Jennie looked at her professor's back who just offered her to follow her inside.

Jennie went inside and found her professor sitting on the couch waiting for her. She went and sat on the opposite couch to join her professor.
Her professor was looking at her to start the conversation but thats the main problem. How to start the conversation now. When did she become a nervous jerk struggling to have a conversation with someone. Few seconds passed and she finally decided to break the silence.

"How are you? I mean.....just, are you okay?"

Jisoo looked at Jennie with surprise for second but decided to answer the girl.

"I am fine. Just a little cold, you know virus and all . We can discuss it in class. " She said in happy voice ."

Jennie nodded her head politely but said nothing. She was getting out of words to keep the conversation and it was getting more and more awkward with each passing second.

"So do you want coffee and anything else! I was going to make myself one." Jisoo asked Jennie to ease the awkward clouds around them as she stood from her seat.

Jennie looked at her and then nodded her head again. Jisoo went to her kitchen area in front of the hallway.

"Do you usually only nod your head at everything or is it just around me?" Jisoo asked as she was preparing the coffee in the kitchen.

"Its just.....i mean..... "

Jennie stood from her seat in surprise. She looked at Jisoo who was busy making coffee for both of them.

"I mean, i don't know. I
Usually i am not like this! "She completed her reply somehow.

"So is it because of me! I told you already that you don't have to be awkward around me." Jisoo laughed.

"I know!"  Jennie said in low voice and looked at opposite wall to avoid the brunette but a picture on the wall caught her attention. Specifically a picture of her professor with coach Jung and a girl wearing their college festival shirts, smiling at the camera with full happiness. Something she never saw on her professor's face, a happy smile. Its not like she never laugh or smile at all but there's always something missing in all those smiles which she can see in this picture clearly.

"Nice old college memories! One of the best part of life." She turned back to see her professor standing near couch with two coffee mugs in her hands with a small smile on her face. She sat back on her seat and took the mug that her professor offered to her.

"You know Coach Jung? " The words slipped out of her mouth before she can know but her professor gave no surprised reaction at all instead she was calm.

"Yes, old buddies. I was a science freak and he was a sports maniac. " Her professor said in a calm voice. Nor she mentioned the girl and nor Jennie asked her about it too.

"You never told about your college? " Jennie didn't know from where this boldness was coming to her but she was curious and was dying to find all the answers.

"I thought you already knew about me? Atleast your welcome back post said so." Her professor replied back sipping her coffee making Jennie choke on her own in process. Not only her professor was admitting the fact that she's Turtle Rabbit but she also knew that it was Jennie all along who left that message.

But how?