His Guardian's Secret

"So what brings you here Dante? The music? The girls? The spirits? Or does it have something to do with that little broken flower mundus has come across?" Lilith asked and Dante eyed her. He already disliked this woman, despite the fact she wasn't human, that was another reason he didn't like her. The way she spoke so tauntingly of Kat being beaten and abused made him hate her all the more. "No, I'm here for you. So get your ass down here." He said and she laughed. "I would...but how do I say this...you're beneath me." She said taunting him. He rolled his eyes, that insult meant nothing to him.

"Yeah well...the angel Mundus kidnapped alongside my friend Kat, has got some friends of mine extremely pissed off. So if you don't mind, I would like to get some negotiations going. There is a possibility you may just make it out alive." Dante said looking up at her. "An angel? Where did he find an angel?" She asked in shock. Her eyes showed the fear that is usually hidden within demons, but she actually seemed scared of the fact mundus had taken yet another angel. "Well I would tell you, but you won't get down here so you can hear me. Kinda make it a problem doesn't it?" Dante sneered. He was going to get the girls back one way or another, their lives depended on it.

Later...

Vergil was passed out on his couch when Dante returned with Lilith. Dante put Lilith in a chair and looked at the alluring silver haired man. "This is the man mundus kidnapped the angel from. You two took Kat from me. You two really screwed up when you took Violet from him." Dante said and put a blanket over his brother. Lilith rolled her eyes. "Because she's an angel?" She asked sarcastically. Dante shook his head and smirked. "No, for nearly fourteen years he thought she was human, and because she gets something from him that you wish mundus would give you. As you said, you're nothing without the brat. He loves her; he tries to hide that fact because he thinks it would get in the way of his work." Dante said and Lilith frowned.

"He's going to kill her, the Angel. He won't let her go without a fight." Lilith said and eyed the sleeping man. Dante knew she spoke the truth, but they now had her for leverage. So figuratively speaking mundus was in a tough situation. He was going to let both Violet and Kat go, or he was going to lose his heir and Vergil would attempt to rip him limb from limb. Dante eyed his brother, that was just how Vergil was...a silent killer.

With Violet and Kat...

Violet struggled against her bindings mundus came closer. She continued to cry, she knew she wouldn't leave here alive. "Violet, hang in there, they will find a way. Just don't be afraid. Be strong." Kat said and violet sobbed more, she knew the girl was trying to help her, but it was only making things worse. Kat figured that the guys would find a way to help them by finding a way to get them both out alive, but she knew how demons were with angels, they killed them all. "It's useless trying to sooth her, girl. She will not be leaving this place, ever. Angels are creatures of beauty, and beauty does not prosper in a world of hatred and chaos." Mundus said stepping closer to the beat up Angel.

It was dark and the only thing Kat could see was the electric blue glow of Violets eyes in the dark. "Get away from me! Get away!" She heard Violet scream at mundus, Kat's eyes went wide with fear as she heard the woman scream out in pain. Then she heard choking noises, and mundus' chuckle. Tears began rolling over her cheeks, she had given Violet false hope and now...he was going to kill her. "Angels are beautiful, but feeble weak creatures. That's why demons rule the world now." Mundus said and Kat began to cry even more. She looked up to see a blue glow coming from between the bandages on Violets right arm. She heard the chains break and mundus stepped back to watch Violet in amusement.

"So that's your dirty little secret." Mundus chuckled as the bandages burned away and revealed her arm. "You're wrong mundus. My dirty secret was that I wasn't human. He'd always figured I was, so what did it matter?" She said and eyed her arm. It was white with bright blue glowing claw-like fingers that were long and thin, her entire arm gave off a spectral blue glow. It looked demonic, but angelic all the same. "You have the arm of a demon. How did you come across that?" Mundus asked and she spat on him.