EPILOGUE

Lauren opened her eyes, the pounding in her head dying away as she slowly gained consciousness. The last thing she remembered happening was walking back to her apartment after a long, boring day at school.

She sat up in an unfamiliar canopy bed with red velvet sheets laid over her legs. The room she was in was unfamiliar and bare. There was an old looking dresser across from her by the door and a vanity against the wall from her underneath a small window shielded by red curtains. Everything was made of a dark wood and the carpet was the same red as the blankets on the bed and the curtains at the window.

Lauren was just beginning to realize that she didn't recognize this room when the door opened and an unfamiliar face entered the unfamiliar room. It was a man dressed in a very nice black suit and a red tie. He had balding brown hair combed over his head and dark brooding eyes. He was looking at her with expectant eyes as if he was waiting for her to say or do something.

But Lauren didn't know what to say or do. She was confused and scared and didn't know how to react. So she settled on looking around the room once more before addressing the strange man.

"Who...are you?"

He smiled almost triumphantly. "I'm happy to introduce myself. The name's Crowley and I'm your father."

Lauren raised an eyebrow. "You are not my dad. My dad is tall and has a full head of blonde hair. You look nothing like him."

The man stroked his balding head gingerly, frowning as if he couldn't decide whether or not to be insulted. "Does it look like I'm kidding?" When Lauren didn't respond, he threw his hands up in the air in frustration. "Why is it that whenever those bloody Winchesters suggest something it makes total sense but when I say it, it's absolutely ridiculous?"

There was a sharp pain behind Lauren's eyes and she felt as if she was grasping for a memory that wasn't there. "Isn't...Isn't Winchester a kind of gun and safe company?" She knew the name should mean more to her but she couldn't figure out why.

Crowley looked at her and blinked in surprise. "It worked?"

"What worked?" Lauren asked, only slightly more confused now than she had been three minutes ago.

"Sam Winchester," he said, as if she should have some sort of reaction to the name.

The pain in her head got worse and Lauren squeezed her eyes shut in an attempt to make it go away. "Who?" She finally managed to ask.

"Ha," Crowley laughed. "It worked. I can't believe it actually worked."

"I am so confused right now..." Lauren massaged her temples and opened her eyes, squinting in Crowley's direction.

Crowley practically skipped over to Lauren--which was not something Lauren had ever hoped to see--and planted a kiss on her forehead. He leaned against the bed post, his arms folded and a smug smile on his face, and looked down at her. "Get ready for some training."

"Training? For what?"

Crowley's smile then reminded Lauren of the Cheshire cat. "Darling, those boys only scratched the surface of what you can do."

There was another pain behind her eyes but Lauren couldn't figure out what Crowley was referring to.

* * * * * * * * * * 

Sam hesitated with his hand hovering over the bowl that he'd already put the other ingredients in. He hand the knife pressed against the soft skin of his palms but, for some unknown reason, he was unsure that this was a good idea. He could drag he blade across his skin and bleed into the bowl, summoning Crowley, the king of hell to the abandoned house he'd found just outside Lebanon. Or he could leave this house and head back to the bunker where Dean, Cas, Zoe, and Sage were already in an attempt to find Lauren. 

He frowned. Honestly, what could they do about it? They had no clue where Lauren was, where Crowley would take her to, and they had no idea how to figure any of that out. All they knew was that Lauren was gone. 

Sam pulled the knife across his hand and squeezed his hand closed over the bowl on the table, allowing drops of blood to fall into the bowl. He muttered the quick incantation and, after the ingredients in the bowl sparked, he looked around the room anxiously looking for Crowley. 

But he didn't show. Sam was still standing, alone, in a rundown house with mold under the carpet and  boarded up windows. He angrily pushed the table over, scattering the things on the table onto the floor. 

Sam pushed the hair from his forehead and ran his hands down his face in complete frustration. He couldn't believe that this was happening. Why was it that he always lost everything--everyone--he loved and cared about? First his mom, who he never got to meet. Then Jess, the girl he was going  to propose to. Then he lost his dad and Dean and Amelia. He was beginning to slowly come to the realization that the universe had it out for him. 

There was a fluttering sound behind him and he spun around, quickly wiping the tears from his face, to face Castiel. Cas looked around the room and seemed to come to the realization of what had happened.

"Your brother is worried about you," he finally said. Sam only raised an eyebrow at him. "He wanted me to come find you. Are...are you alright?"

Sam's mouth turned up in a smile. "Oh yeah. I'm just peachy. Tell Dean I'm fine."

"You don't seem fine, Sam. Did you talk to Crowley?"

Sam scowled. "No. He didn't show."

Cas nodded slightly as if this made sense. He opened his mouth to respond to him when there was another fluttering sound and Gabriel, the someone new was standing next to Cas, an arm draped over his shoulders. 

Gabriel grinned at both of them. "I heard you guys were in town."

HEY GUYS! JUST WANTED TO SAY THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT AND STUFF THROUGH THIS STUPID EDITING! I'M SO GLAD TO BE DONE, FINALLY. IT SEEMS LIKE I'VE BEEN EDITING FOR YEARS BUT, IN REALITY, I THINK I GOT THIS ALL DONE IN MAYBE TWO MONTHS? ANYWAY, JUST WANTED TO SAY THANKS AND I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL YOU GUYS!

~Abigail