𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

.

.

"Aren't I a bit heavy to carry? I can walk you know." Angel's voice was a little muffled due to her being pressed protectively against the unruly gator. He all but scoffed.

"You're as heavy as a grape, cher." He kept heading towards his green room. Some children stopped to gape and others moved out of his way. Monty didn't care if he got in trouble by Vanessa or some other authority- he was a man on a mission...err gator.

Angel wasn't present at the Plex for more than fifteen minutes before some guy tried getting in her pants by some awful flirting. Monty was near by of course. His attention wasn't directed on the various children screaming and hollering in his golf course but on the literal angel in front of him. He leaned on the wall tuning into their conversation and eyed the brazen fellow up and down. He didn't like it one bit. And no, he wasn't jealous.

Why would he be jealous?

Monty stepped forth after awhile and put a hand on Angel's shoulder. He towered a good two-three feet behind her and glared at the boy. "Wouldn't you say its best to keep moving?" The boy awkwardly avoided his gaze and walked away towards the exit. Monty, proud of himself, scooped up a very confused Angel. 

Monty wasn't the type to worry. Usually just went head first into everything before thinking about it. But when it came to Angel, all he ever did was worry. It started a few months ago when Freddy introduced the two. She hid behind Freddy, arms wrapped around his waist in a self-comforting manner, avoiding his gaze. She freaked out a little upon meeting him. He was the most animalistic of the four, crazy strong and had a bit of an anger problem when something didn't go his way. But Angel trusted Freddy and agreed to meet the famous gator anyways.

Freddy explained that it was best to keep an eye on the curly-headed gal as she was prone to anxiety and was pretty timid at times. So brash behavior was a big no-no. It was then when Monty took a look into the eyes of the ethereal being before him, that he would do everything in his power to keep the girl safe.

Monty looked down at the girl wrapped in his arms. She was flushed and he was pretty sure she was spacing out. No doubt in confusion. He swiftly opened his room with a chip that was inserted into his metal frame just by walking up to it. The room was dark when he set down Angel and moved to turn on the few neon lights. Her eyes adjusted quickly and saw the gator was in front of his cracked vanity. No doubt taking a gander at his appearance.

Angel didn't question why she was here. She trusted Monty and assumed his internal sensors picked up on something the boy possessed. She was grateful nonetheless, she preferred being in here than out there.

"You didn't sleep well last night, did you?" Monty asked. Angel muttered a quick 'huh' before she realized what he said. No, she didn't. It wasn't often she got a full night's sleep but last night didn't go so well. She surprised herself showing up today instead of drinking tea and watching some show at home to recuperate.

He walked towards his backroom and the door automatically slid open. A few moments later, he returned with a fluffy looking blanket that sported chibi Montgomery's on them and a pillow in the shade of viridian. "Mmhm, here," He set the blanket and pillow on his semi-destroyed couch and ushered for Angel to get comfy. "You rest here and I'll come get you when it's time for your shift to actually begin." He had no idea why she showed up way way too early. Maybe out of habit?

Angel gave him a blank stare at first before rolling her eyes and giving a playful sigh. He waited for her to stop moving before he let her know he would be back and walked out of his room. Heavy footsteps slowly trodding away to who knows where.