𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

.

.

Angel wasn't there when Freddy and Monty returned later that morning. Her blankets were ruffled and bunched up on the sofa where she last was and there was a sticky note attached to her pillow. 

Freddy hummed and went to carefully pick up the note between his two clawed digits before reading it's contents aloud. 

"I don't think it's such a good idea for me to stay or continue working here. What happened...shouldn't have. There is something dark below the surface of your establishment that hasn't went away yet and I don't think it ever will. 

And so, I resign my position. My things and paperwork are in my old locker upstairs. Take care of yourselves.

Angel Reed."

Monty clenched his fist and turned away from Freddy like a child turns their nose at vegetables. With a sigh, Freddy set the note aside after sending a quick snapshot of it to the rest of the band crew. He went to set a hand on the gator's shoulder but quickly decided against it. It would only make him more upset. 

Monty was confused but more so hurt. He sorta understood why she thought it was best to leave, she almost died amongst other things. Her safety was number one priority. Did Angel not think he could keep her safe anymore? What about the feelings the two of them had? And stupidly enough, Monty really thought everything would be fine and go back to the way things were only days ago. 

The day continued on slowly, the Plex having finally opened at six on the dot. Customers flooding in without a care in the world and none noticed the missing employee, though he supposed they wouldn't. She wasn't important to them. 

Kids rushed and rambled through his golf course, picking up clubs and striking the ball into the air. Monty was supposed to prevent that but he didn't really care at the moment. Of course he made sure the kids were safe but a ball going through the air at a measly pace didn't really raise caution. 

Freddy looked chipper as ever. He wasn't close to Angel like he himself was but maybe if he had shown some sort of remorse or sadness, he would feel better, but the bear kept a smile on his face and cheery excitement soaring through his words. 

Then closing time rolled around. He sauntered through the building mostly thinking to himself but also looking for Angel. He knew she wasn't here and that she was serious about not coming back, but a small shred of hope bubbled in his system every time he thought of her pretty, kind face and content smile. 

As time rolled on and a month passed, Freddy, Chica, and Roxy along with a few staff noticed how bitter he was becoming. He grew back into his feral snuggery, snapping and growling at anyone who approached him- even his friends. 

And after months of trying to work with the swampy gator, it was no use. He was worse than before. People got hurt and he had to be sent back for repairs. They re-wired his mainframe and tried fixing his AI but that only gave them a few days before he worked around it. 

"Im not one to be mean, especially to a friend, but Montgomery this is pathetic. It really and truly is. I supported you and Angel in whatever it was the two of you had but now it has just broken you down to some angry machine." 

Freddy turned to leave the dark room but before he did, he hoped what he was about to say next would change Monty's course of action and knock some sense into him. "Officials think it would be best to take you offline for awhile, especially if you don't get it together in the next week. Maybe...maybe they will bring Bon' back and as much as I miss him, I do hope for your sake you get yourself straightened up."

It didn't.

Nothing he had said- nothing the other bandmates and crew had said- reached the reptile. Freddy watched Monty get taken offline right in front of him, then layed on a dolly and wheeled away. Chica was shocked and at a loss for words, as was Roxy. But she and Freddy knew the truth and chose to keep the otherwise oblivious chicken out of it. 

No one went to parts and service without looking at the dust-collecting shell of the gator, why they left him in the open like this, who knows. Maybe as a warning to the others? Or a reminder? Either way, it stung. 

The band was postponed until someone else could play in Monty's place and until then, the three roamed around playing singularly with a small crowd or interacting with their many fans on the floor. It didn't feel that different now that he was gone but they did still feel off balance. Freddy and Chica were the only ones to have never been replaced throughout the years of each coming location, just everyone else. Foxy was like that too and so was Bonnie, but then their turn came. 

When would it be Freddy and Chica's?

.

.

Word Count: 864

A/N: Honestly? Not too happy about the turns the book made. It is very unorganized and maybe I will re-write it in the upcoming future or just let it be as is. This was more so an epilogue than a chapter and it was completely wack as far as the ending goes lol. But finally! It is finished. Until next time...