what's gon on?

Cast:

Jade
Tuesday: Perrie
Thursday: Leigh-Anne
Friday: Ruby

Type:

Fluff
age regression

Setting:

Outside 

POV:

Jade

It was a Wednesday afternoon and I had all my girls playing happily in the garden- well I say all- Brynn and Annie were inside baking and Maddie was out shopping for us. So, really it was just my little ones. They were playing hide and seek, I think? I was working on some paperwork at the picnic table so I wasn't really paying attention, simply listening for the sounds and screams if they were dying. 

They'd been playing for half an hour when I heard the first whine. I looked up and saw Ruby having a huff about something to Leigh-Anne but I shouted her. 
"Are you playing nicely?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. Perrie popped her head from out of the climbing frame, Leigh lowered her head and Ruby nodded. They knew if they told me they weren't then they wouldn't be allowed to play anymore and none of them wanted that. 
The next time I was alerted to something being wrong, it was Leigh shouting Ruby's name angrily. Once again, I spoke up, asking if they were all okay and I got three nods, sheepish ones, but nods nevertheless. 
Ruby and Leigh continued their little bickers for quite a while and I ended up just ignoring them. I called them all over for drinks at points but they all seemed pretty happy to keep playing. 
"Only twenty more minutes, girls," I said to them as they drank up their juice. Ruby gasped, put down her bottle and tagged Leigh before running off. Leigh gasped and followed with the same urgency, tagging Perrie. Perrie giggled, put down her bottle and sped after the girls. 
A few minutes later, I heard Perrie let out an almighty, very frustrated screech and then watched her sink to the floor in tears. Ruby and Leigh looked up at me like deers in headlights. I jumped up from the seat and rushed over to Perrie. Once she saw me, her arms lifted, asking for a cuddle. I pouted, sat beside her and pulled her in between my legs. 
"You're okay baby," I whispered, rocking us back and forth before looking at the two girls, now with guilt evident on their faces. 
"What happened?" 
"Nothing-" Ruby spoke up but Perrie just cried harder. I sighed and stood up before lifting Perrie into my arms. 
"Leigh grab the drinks, Ruby get my papers, we're going inside." Both of them sighed with annoyance but I ignored it. I swear Ruby even rolled her eyes but I carried my upset Pez inside. 

I sat Perrie on the kitchen counter and grabbed a cold cloth to put on her head. On top of the heat outside, running around and now the crying, she'd worked her temperature way up and I wasn't too fond of it. 
"Which one wants to explain?" I said to my other two girls. 
They both began elaborate stories on top of each other and with the urgency and pitch of their voices, I didn't understand a word of it. 
"Pardon?" I said, once they'd both finished. Perrie was playing with my rings. The girls just sighed and lowered their heads. 
"Why don't you tell me what happened?" I said to Perrie, putting some hair behind her ear. 
"Everytime I tied tag dem, dey say it not righ an say dey not on but I tagged dem so I jus keeped runnin when it no mean to an den Wuby gotted angy," she grumbled, shrugging her shoulders and pouted. 
"Why wouldn't you just let her tag you?" I asked the girls. 
"I didn't want to be on!" Ruby whined instantly. 
"But if she tags you then isn't it the rules of the game?" I asked. I felt sympathy for all of them. Each one of them was in their headspace and obviously at various ages. Whilst Perrie was quite young and easily manipulated, Ruby and Leigh were battling to be the leaders of the games as they were the same age- hence the squabbling all afternoon. 
"Mama, everytime she tagged us, it wasn't proper," Leigh tried explaining. 
"I don't understand that, sweet because you just said she tagged you. How could it not be properly?" 
"Because she would do it wrong," Ruby grumbled, getting angry. 
"Right. Right." I put my hands up and sighed. "Why don't we all just apologise and move on, hm? How does that sound?" I asked. Leigh came over, gave Perrie and little hug and said sorry. Ruby, said a sorry but didn't come over to cuddle. 
"I go pway with Bwynn?" She asked, hopping from one foot to the other. I could hear Brynn and Annie on the xbox. I smiled and nodded. 
"Me too mama?" Leigh asked, looking at me with her excited eyes. 
"Go on. Play nicely though, anymore anger from either of you and it will be calm down time," I warned. Both just told me okay before scurrying off into the main room. I turned my attention back to Perrie. She was watching me with innocence. 

"Hey, little one," I cooed, putting some loose hair behind her ear. I pressed my hand to her forehead, she'd cooled down a lot. 
"Hewwo mama," she mumbled back in her little, tired voice.
"Do you fancy a nap?" I asked. She nodded instantly and reached her arms out for me. I smiled, scooped her up and took my little princess to her bedroom ready for a much deserved nap. Play time is stressful sometimes!