'no, it's fine. I can wait.'- P6

Cast:

Jade
Monday: Maddie

Type:

Fluffy and angsty

Setting:

Whole house

POV:

Jade

"Girls! Let's stop arguing and just colour nicely, hm?" I suggested, pulling Leigh-Anne into my lap. She sighed and carried on colouring her picture at the table whilst Ruby rolled her eyes. "And less attitude please. There's a perfectly good corner waiting for you over there, Ruby." She whimpered quickly and put her head down to colour, letting her hair fall in her face. I continued holding Leigh and watched over Pez as she coloured in hers too. She was taking her time, making sure not to go out of the lines whilst the others were just scribbling away with lots of excitement. My sweet Angel Pez was tired today.

I looked up from my girls when I heard Maddie and Annie arriving home. They'd gone out for lunch at the cafe.
"Hey girls," I said softly as they came in to take a seat. They both smiled at me and Annie and I fell into conversation. However, I couldn't help but notice the distance in Maddie's eyes.
"That's mine!!" Perrie screeched suddenly, standing up. Everyone in the room jumped and I looked at the situation.
"I just wan use it for one second!" Brynn whimpered, quickly colouring in her picture.
"Nooo!" Pez whined, launching across the table and snatching the pen out of Brynn's hand. She also knocked the table causing Ruby's colouring to be disturbed. Her pen skidded across the paper, creating a bright blue line across the whole drawing. Instantly, she was up with Perrie's picture in her hands. Before I could even react it was ripped in two!
"No!" Perrie cried, going this time, for Ruby.

I wrapped my arms securely around her waist, holding her back. Gracie stood between the girls, holding up her hands.
"It was mine!" Perrie sobbed, thrashing in my arms.
"You ruined mine!"
"On accident!"
Brynn was crying at the other side of the table and Leigh was curled in Annie's arms, covering her ears. I sighed and loosened my grip on Perrie.
"Both of you go to your bedrooms please." I said assertively.
"No! I no do anything!" Ruby suddenly shouted.
"Don't you dare raise your voice at me young lady. Bedroom before it's the corner." I pointed towards the hallway and she scampered off.
"You too." I said to Perrie, tapping her bottom as she walked away. She did it slowly, putting on foot directly in front of the other. "Now, Perrie." She sighed and went off to her bedroom normally.

I turned my attention to my crying babies. Brynn was in Gracie's lap, soaking up the love and I went over to sit between Annie and Maddie. I pulled Leigh into my arms and rocked her as she clung to me. Annie settled in my arms too but Maddie hugged the side of the sofa, getting as far away as she could.
"Hey you," I muttered and placed my hand on her lower back. I'd had Maddie the longest- I knew her before she was my sub and honestly most of the time, I knew her better than she knew herself. She was my princess, my guardian Angel who always lit me up but right now, her anger and upset was just radiating into a ball of fury. She looked over at me.
"Are you alright?" I mouthed, furrowing my eyebrows.
"I'm fine." She replied. She turned away from me, grabbed the tv remote and put it on. Instantly, I felt a pain in my chest, she was far from fine.

A bang from Ruby's bedroom let me know that it was time to address the situation. I handed Leigh over to Annie who happily took the baby cuddles and headed into the hallway. I was upset about Maddie obviously but she wasn't going to talk to me - at least not right now.

Half an hour later, both girls had been spoken to and had apologised to not only themselves but everyone else in the house. Ruby was helping Gracie with dinner whilst Leigh, Perrie and Annie were playing outside. Brynn was quite clingy towards me though. Maddie was still as stiff as a board, refusing to make eye contact with me.
"Wooo what I made mama!" Brynn screeched, reaching over to me and making me look at her tower.
"Wow! That's brilliant baby!" I praised, giving her a high five.
"Wooo Maddie!!" She also screeched. She tried to get Maddie's attention but it was futile. She don't right refused to look up from her phone.
"Go find Gracie munchkin," I whispered to Brynn when she realised Maddie wasn't giving her the attention she wanted. She crawled off into the kitchen and I went over to Maddie.

"You might not be in the best mood Mads but you can't take that out on the other girls." I mumbled to her, putting some hair behind her ear but she pushed my hand away. "Or me for that matter."
"I'm fine."
"You're obviously not Maddie. Talk to me." I tried to be encouraging and helpful but she wasn't cooperating.
"It doesn't even matter!" She grumbled like a grumpy teenager.
"Maddie." I groaned, getting frustrated. "I'm here for you, you know that don't you?"

Just then, there was an almighty cry from the garden followed by a scream of 'mama'. I jumped up from my seat and sprinted into it. On the floor, in a huge cluster, was all of my little ones and Annie. Annie was on the bottom of the pile, seemingly passed out whilst Perrie and Leigh were rubbing their heads and Ruby was rubbing her arms and Brynn was just confused.
"Goodness me, what happened here?" Gracie said, throwing up her arms. I smiled slightly. Brynn scurried over to her and I assessed the situation.

Turns out, they were playing 'jump over Annie' and like any game with little ones involved, unsupervised may I add, it went wrong. Annie was on the couch with an ice pack on her ribs, the girls with ice packs on their reads and Ruby with hers on her wrist. Brynn was, once again, playing happily.

"Come on you." I said quickly to Maddie, holding out my hand. She looked at it in disgust and ignored it. "Maddie." I warned.
"I said I'm fine Jade, can you just drop it?" She suddenly snapped. She rose from her seat and threw about her arms.
"You're not fine Maddie."
"I am. I'm fucking fine like always. Like Whenever the little ones need help, I'm fine. Like whenever you're stressed, I'm fine. Or whenever anyone crawls into my bed at midnight- I'm fucking fine Jade!"
"Go to my bedroom Maddie," I sighed softly.
"Why so you can tell me off for shouting?" She grumbled.
"So I can discuss your issues with you privately. Bedroom, now." I said. I wasn't angry with her for telling me the truth- or at least trying to- I was angry for the way she went about it.
"I'm not going," she huffed, crossing her arms.
"Maddison." I warned. Her eyes grew wide at the full name.

"Uh ohs," Perrie quickly whispered. I glanced over at her and saw her looking at her crotch as a wet patch grew considerably. Great fucking timing Pez. Maddie glanced over too and sighed.
"Bedroom," I told her. She huffed and walked over to my bedroom and I took Perrie's hand.

Once Pez was cleaned up, I told Gracie I was busy and to watch the girls then went to join Maddie.
She was curled in a ball in the middle of my bed, still huffing and puffing.
"Right!" I announced.
"Shall we get the spanking over with?" She mumbled.
"Maddie I'm not going to spank you for expressing your emotions. You need to let them out!" I sighed.
"It's just whenever I try to," she took a deep breath, trying to hold herself together. "Whenever I need you- just you on your own and our time- I get pushed aside for other people. I feel like because you trust me the most to care for you and I am the most independent you just assume it's fine and I'm okay all the time or you just assume I'll sort it out on my own and yeah, sometimes I can just wait-"
She let a few years fall and I grabbed hold of her hands. "But today I needed you. Today I couldn't wait, Jade."

Instantly, I laid myself beside her and pulled her into my arms.
"You've got me for as long as you need now baby." I mumbled, kissing her head. "I'm sorry I've pushed you away and not seen you've been struggling. I love you so much baby and we need to communicate more about this yeah?" She only nodded in my chest and snuggled into me as close as she could. I held her and let silence fall upon us like a comforting hug- a hold like no other.
"I love you," she whispered gently, I copied her and squeezed her closer. I loved her a whole lot too!