Julieta x dying fem reader

Requested by: Nezu_is_a_rat_god

(I loved this idea and just had to write it!)

Tw: cursing

-Y/N's POV-

I was talking to Pepa, a good friend of mine. She was going on about how her oldest son, Camilo kept messing with everyone. We were sitting on the rim of a small fountain in the town square. Her older sister was at a stand nearby, giving food to anyone who was injured.

"Y/N." I payed no attention to the person calling my name. "Y/N!" This time I looked back at Pepa, who now had a small cloud over her head.

"Oh, sorry Pepa. I zoned out."

"No shit. Quit staring at my sister."

"I was?"

"Yes!" She sighed and spared a glance at her older sister. "You know, N/N, she could heal you. I know I've said it before, but you don't have to die..."

"I know Pepa. But I've accepted it. I may die sooner rather than later but everyone dies eventually. I see no point in trying to make my life last longer than it should."

"You're so stubborn! You want this don't you? That's why you never let her heal any other injuries either! Because it'll also get rid of the cancer! And because of this you're littered with scars! Just let Julieta heal you!"

"So? Life just had different plans for me. Who am I to deny fate? And I may have scars unlike just about everyone else in the village but I'm okay with that. So no, I'm not going to let her heal me. I will however, spend the rest of my time having fun and talking with friends."

Pepa stood up and whisper yelled at you so no one else would overhear. "Earlier you said you only had an estimated two weeks! You'll be bedridden before you die, no time to do anything fun! The doctor told you to just go to Julieta! She can stop this!"

You stood up to face her. "Pepa. You know what I want here. You're the only one I've told for a reason. When I die, just carry out the letters I've written as planned. Okay? That's my dying wish."

"So you're just going to die of cancer. Not tell anyone what's really happening before you die. Then have me deliver pre written letters to a few people explaining the whole truth and saying your goodbyes?"

"Precisely!" I smiled at her before turning and walking off. She followed me, of course to argue more.

"You're cruel! Do you even know how many people with miss you?"

-This is just how it went, until ten days later, Y/N had an estimated 72 hours left-

There was a knock on the door. I exited the kitchen and answered the door, only to be greeted by the infamous Madrigal healer.

"Y/N! My sister told me you haven't been feeling too well lately. So I brought over some arepas! I know you never really eat my food. And I still don't understand why. But I just wanted you to know the option is always open!" She gave me a smile and held out a small basket.

"Oh, thanks Julieta. But you know I don't like taking the easy way out when I'm injured or sick."

"I know. That's what I don't understand about you. Everyone else in the village has completely forgotten how to be carful. They rely on my gift. But you never have. Even when you're not injured you refuse to eat anything I've cooked. So do you have something against me.?"

"Julieta, I have absolutely nothing against you. You're a wonderful person. I just don't want to have to rely on you like the rest of the village. I'm sorry, earlier, you said Pepa sent you?"