Overworked Julieta x fem reader

Requested by: Me. I dunno what to tell you. I was inspired by my mushy best friends when I saw them a few weeks back because of course, I'm a third wheel. But it's not like they can get rid of me, if we're friends you're stuck. MOVING ON!

Tw: cursing

-Y/N's POV-

Why? Why do I keep finding myself coming back here? I stepped through the front doors of the Casita and looked around. Who am I kidding? I know exactly what I'm here for. Who I'm here for. No one was in the main area so I just walked into the kitchen to find Julieta. She was always in the kitchen nowadays, always working to keep the village healthy. I was right, she was working as usual.

I snuck up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her close to me. "Oh, Juli~ Guess who's back."

"Again Y/N? You know how busy I am." She got out of my grasp and went back to work without even sparring me a glance.

"Exactly! Why are you always so busy? You deserve a break! Come hang out with meee!"

"I get plenty of breaks Y/N. I just spend them with my kids."

"No fair! I want to spend time with you too!" I pouted.

She gave me a soft smile and sighed. "Okay how about I'll take this afternoon off so we can hang out? You're clearly desperate for attention."

"Yes! Thanks Juli! But I gotta go, bye!"

"Goodbye, N/N."

FINALLY! She's taking a break! I know for a fact she hasn't in the past month. I'm determined to make her relax as much as possible! And I have just the idea. I need to pay a little visit to Isabela.

Later that afternoon I was back at the Casita. I entered the kitchen to find Julieta still cooking. "Amor!" She turned around to look at me, humming. "You're still working?"

"I'm almost done with this batch, Y/N. It'll just be a minute." Three minutes later and she was actually done. She hung up her apron on a hook and looked over to me. "So, what did you want to do?"

"You're going to regret asking that." I gave her a giant smile.

"Of course I will. Well let's-" Before she could finish speaking I grabbed her hand and started walking. "Ay! Slow down, you're pulling me!" She sped up to keep from being dragged as I left the Casita.

"Sorry, amor, I'm excited!"

"Clearly." She laughed a bit at my enthusiasm.

We soon arrived at my house. "Ladies first." I said with a small bow, holding the door open.

"Oh, how kind of you." She rolled her eyes at my foolishness and stepped inside. I followed her in and closed the door behind us. "I didn't think you were so into flowers." She looked around noticing the vines full of flowers scattered around.

"Ah, yes. Your daughter helped me with those. I hope I remembered correctly, blue violets are your favorite right? Because they symbolize something important?"

She looked at me and smiled. "Love. They symbolize love." I smiled back at her before walking further into the house, waving for her to follow me. I opened the door to my room and walked in, Julieta following me.

"Alrighty. You're overworked, time for sleep!"

She sighed. "You seriously have me stop working early just so you can make sure I sleep?" I nodded. "I'm a grown woman, I can take care of myself, Y/N."

"I know but every time I've talked to you lately you've been tired! Not to mention the noticeable eye bags that have been getting darker every day! So shut up and just rest! Please?"

I sat in the middle of the bed and opened my arms. Sighing she moved to sit next to me and let me hug her. "You know, now that you mention it, I am really tired." She yawned.

"I'm not even going to bother with 'I told you so'." I moved us so we were laying rather than sitting and pulled the blanket over us. "Goodnight mi vida."

Now half asleep she spoke. "You're lucky I love you or I'd murder you for calling me that." My face turned red as I realized what she'd said.

"You love me?" She hummed in response, burying her face in my chest, just trying to sleep at this point. "I love you too, Juli." I kissed her forehead and closed my eyes, holding her close to me.