Chapter 3

My sleep was pretty fitful. I dredged up my cop days and the thoughts just would not go away as I tried to dream of something else. Waking multiple times to then fall back asleep, more tired than before, was exhausting. My alarm woke me and now I was stuck languishing under the Egyptian cotton sheets. 

Get. Yourself. Up. 

I sat up slowly, and yawned. In an hour Trey would be downstairs waiting for me. Coffee should get me sufficiently awake. Good thing I had 3 different machines in the kitchen for making it. Espressos, drip, cappuccinos, steamed, any combination you could want, I could make. But....then I'd have to pee a lot. Which would be highly embarrassing. I wasn't trying to get Trey to ask me out on a romantic date or anything, but I didn't want to shut the door on it. Better I drink a half cup and stop there. 

Clothes!! Ugh...what should I wear?!

I sprung to action, heading into the room sized walk- in closet to weigh my options. It was nice that everything was organized by color and type. Made it much easier to plan an outfit. It was mid spring so not too chilly out but in the morning it still was. A casual sweater would do, and a light trench coat. With....jeans. I found a nice ripped fitted pair and shimmied into them. I wanted to go with brighter colors to appear peppier. Men liked peppy girls in London right? 

Men love peppy girls everywhere Gigi. But you forget you're not really a peppy type. He's gonna see through it. 

I frowned. My inner me could be ruthless sometimes. She was a bitch. I grabbed a violet off the shoulder sweater and pulled it on over a strapless bra. I could at least look pretty, even if I was cynical inside. Trey should feel like I'd put in some effort. Now to my face and hair. I was new to putting on makeup. In Hawaii, I never really wore any, except mascara. It would just sweat off. Plus I never felt I needed it. My skin was beginning to lose its tan though, being in London. 

Swiping some blush on and doing minimal eye makeup, I thought of last night. My luck was pretty astounding here. Meeting the guys, fellow cops. What are the odds of that? It was fate or luck, meant to be, however you wanted to look at it.  Blinking my eyelashes at my reflection I smiled. I looked good. 

Gotta get your hair under control though. Guys don't like it crazy like that. 

Frowning now, I straightened my messy hair with the flat iron tool. Why couldn't I be less critical of myself? It's probably because of Kaleo. He used to always put me down. 

Kaleo was a dick. 

Finally, something I could agree with the "inner me" on. 

My wedge's made a squeaky sound on the polished floors as I got off the elevator into the foyer

My wedge's made a squeaky sound on the polished floors as I got off the elevator into the foyer. Trey was waiting right inside and he had two cups of coffee in his hands alongside a killer smile. I felt myself grin and my cheeks were warmed. Shoot, I was blushing. This netted an even bigger smile from him. Now I was embarrassed at my response. He's going to think I like him. Not the start I wanted, but dang it if he didn't look so so handsome.