Chapter 19

I woke to feel myself tangled in the sheets. Bright light streamed into the room from the windows. It was 9 am, my phone screen said. That was sleeping in for me. Rolling onto my back, I let my hands fall to my stomach. My mind going over everything that had happened. 

Last night Trevor shared a memory of his ex, and seemed pained by it. After we ate Greek food takeaway the guys found a movie on the TV. I'd sat casually near Trevor and even offered to share a blanket with him, but he didn't want to snuggle. Afterwards, the guys went to the spare bedrooms to sleep for the night. Trevor didn't hug me again or try to touch me in any way. What happened from the pub to my kitchen gave me whiplash. 

He's just a damaged guy. You're damaged, you should recognize the signs. His ex is like Kaleo.

Sighing, I sat up and stretched. I had to be right. He was damaged. I didn't go around teasing guys though, which made us a bit different. Either way, I felt like this was going nowhere I wanted to go. I wouldn't merely be a lay or a toy. 

What I did want was coffee. I got up and padded to the bathroom, where I started my giant walk- in shower. The steam quickly filled the room and I took my time washing all that remained of last night off of myself. There was nothing like a hot shower to rejuvenate you. I finished up, got out and dried off and then put some makeup on. Nothing fancy, just a smidge to brighten up my mood. With the towel still wrapped around my body, I left the bathroom for the closet. 

I heard a knock on my bedroom door. 

"Genevieve...?

It was Trevor. 

"Yeah?" I answered back, pursuing my closet for workout clothes. 

"Can I come in?"

Oh great...well, why not? We were friends and all. 

"Sure. I'm in the closet." I said.

He opened the door and I heard him close it again. Then before I knew it, he was behind me. His hands came up to my shoulders. He lightly turned me around. 

"I like you. I don't know how you feel about me but...." He trailed off mid sentence, stormy grey eyes looking deeply at me. 

I didn't say anything, I simply stared back at him. He said he liked me.

"I should have just told you. I'm a wanker for not. At least that's what Trey said. And I didn't want you to think I was just trying to get in your pants. Because that's not it at all."

I did want him to get in my pants! But as something more....not just because he found me hot. He glanced down and trailed a hand softly up and back down one of my arms. Goosebumps popped up in the wake. And it was warm in the flat. I wasn't cold. 

"Last night, you wore that dress, I....I almost lost my blimey mind love. If you don't feel the same please let me know." 

He withdrew his hand and looked back up at me. 

"I like you Trevor. I've liked you since we met." 

Closing the gap between us, he took my lips with his. It was a hungry deliberate act. I felt my body press hard against him and my hands reach up behind his neck. He let out a low sound as the contact hit him. We kissed for a few long minutes. Ecstasy about described it right. I had never been kissed like that. 

He pulled back and declared, "I want to get to know you more."

"