Chapter 30

**Work begins for Genevieve! But she finds out some 'tea' about Trevor.....Thank you readers for sticking with me to the big 3-0!!❤️ More love ahead.

I barely slept. Between Trevor keeping me up late, which I am not complaining about, and nerves about today, I was too keyed up. But now it was time to get up and get ready. I needed to be there by 7:30 to get my work credentials, or ID badge and get aquatinted with the building before starting at 9. Having Trevor go with me eliminated some of my stress. Which was nice. 

He was in the shower. I had already gotten clean and was working on drying my hair. I wanted to look presentable. The work dress code for civilians was working casual. Not quite sure what all that entailed, I settled for an outfit like my interviewing one. Wide leg trousers and a blouse. Then heels. I didn't think I'd be on my feet all that much. And, if I was wrong, I'd just adjust what I wore tomorrow. 

"Love, you look like a detective! So professional." 

Trevor stepped out of the shower to towel off. I looked down at my outfit. Great....I'm too dressed up. 

"I'll change...." I started to say, before he caught me by my waist. 

"No. Don't. You look fabulous. And some of the civilians do dress as nice. I think you should keep it all on." 

He kissed the inside of my neck as his hands lazily explored my abdomen and chest through the thin fabric. 

"You just want me to look hot so everyone can give you high fives for bagging me." I teased. 

He grunted into my skin, then laughed. 

"Oh most definitely. I'll be the most popular bloke there by the end of shift." 

He slowly spun me around and kissed me until I was dizzy.  

"DC McLaughlin....you are quite simply the sexiest detective I've ever worked with." 

This earned me a bit more quick 'attention' from him. 

We walked briskly but not so fast that I couldn't keep up in my heels

We walked briskly but not so fast that I couldn't keep up in my heels. It was grey again so I'd brought an umbrella. Just in case. It sort of made me feel like Mary Poppins. 

"I don't know if I'm comfortable with you walking home alone..." Trevor said. 

Aww he was so protective. I was falling, hard. 

"Well, I could get a taxi but it's only about 3 blocks so that seems kinda dumb. I do have pepper spray." 

He laughed, "You do!? Show me!" 

We stopped walking so I could pull out the spray from my crossbody bag and let him inspect it. He nodded his approval. And he didn't question if I knew how to use it because, well, we both knew I did.