Chapter 40

**Here we are!! SCOTLAND finally! 💚💚The occasion calls for extra pictures 😁. (Photos courtesy of TripAdvisor and Pinterest). Enjoy! 

First class was way better than economy or coach. British Airways had the cutest paper napkins and I had two stacked on top of each other in front of me. I always loved the airplane snacks and cups, napkins. No idea why. I never flew anywhere. But other kids at school would and they would sometimes bring some for me, as souvenirs. I would collect them and dream of when I could take a turn flying somewhere. Even if it was to another island like my friends. 

Now here I was, sitting in the front of the plane, and not squished in the back with all the other people. I had leg room. Something not to be trifled with when you are stuck sitting. The flight was going to land soon. It was a short one, only a bit over an hour. 

Scotland...

I couldn't believe I had booked a flight here. It was an alcohol fueled impulse. But it did make sense. I needed a quiet place to concentrate on the court proceedings. And to be away from a few block radius of Trevor. I just couldn't risk running into him or seeing his ex and child. It was all far too painful. 

"Afternoon folks. This is your captain speaking. We are beginning our descent into Glasgow. Local time is 3 pm. Weather is fair, cloudy, with a breeze. Landing will be shortly. Thank you for flying British Airways." 

Goody! It was time to land! I gulped the rest of my complimentary champagne and folded in the tray table. Looking out the window, all I saw was grey and more grey. Until....we broke through. What appeared took my breath away. Beautiful green rolling land dotted with trees and sparse buildings. It was magnificent. Like flying into a medieval fairy land.  

Boy had that champagne loosened me up! I felt significantly less stressed about doing this last minute. And, I hired a driver service for the entire 30 days. No worries about how will I get to point a or b. I'm learning to spend my money wisely. And on things that will benefit me, instead of hoarding it. There was nothing wrong with it after all. It was mine! 

This. Will. Be. Fantastic!

I giggled to myself and caught the attention of the man across the aisle from me. He raised an eyebrow and busied himself with his paper. 

Try not to laugh randomly out loud Gigi....

I was right. Time to put on my serious face. I was here to conduct business after all. The landing gear came down and as we descended the plane got louder. Oh, who was I kidding?! I was so excited. I had no one to impress, time to enjoy Glasgow! 

Bump....bump....

Touchdown!

And we were here! 

There stood an extra tall man

There stood an extra tall man. Probably 6'2", and built like a tank. Reddish brown hair, expertly styled and he had on a smart black suit, complete with a tie. 'Ms. Taylor' was written on a black placard in silver. The private chauffeur company had delivered! I wondered if he had an ear piece in, like a private body guard. To my delight, as I approached, I did see a clear ear piece.