Chapter 4

I ran my hands along the soft maroon couch back. Good Lord it felt good! Trey either had fabulous taste or he had fabulous Google skills. I was guessing both. We were in the store and searching for a few bedroom sets. In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have gone shopping for these with him. My mind was beginning to wander all over the place. And I was pretty sure Trey was aware of the fact. He found a sales associate to help us. She looked far too happy for my liking. 

"Over here we have the top of the line mattresses. Take a look and don't be shy about trying them out." She winked and touched his forearm. 

It was rather presumptuous of her to assume she could touch him and I wouldn't mind. How did she know that we weren't together? He wasn't flirting back but he was smiling and talking to her. I figured it wasn't worth getting jealous. He wasn't my boyfriend after all. I walked past them both to check out mattresses on my own. 

"Ohhhh...." I softly exclaimed, laying on a plush set. 

I closed my eyes and his face popped up unexpectedly. Kaleo. 

Ugh....WHY must that creep ruin all the good things?

I hated how my former memories would resurface when experiencing anything pleasant. He was a scar, and one I wished to smooth over and make disappear. But would that ever happen? The old adage "to get over an ex you just need to get under another" flashed in my mind. I let out a laugh which Trey noticed. 

Oh great Gigi, he's gonna think you're nuts. 

"What's so funny Genevieve?" 

His voice softened when he said my name, his eyes roaming over my body as he stood by the mattress I was splayed across. 

"Nothing....I was just remembering something." I replied, smiling slyly at him. 

He arched an eyebrow at me and extended a hand to help me up. 

"Wish I could read minds." He teased. 

I liked that he didn't pressure me to tell him what I thought and I liked that he was still holding my hand. My face, once again, gave me away. I felt my cheeks flame. He let go of my hand and we walked back to the sales woman. She'd clearly seen our display because she looked flustered. Most likely embarrassed about her earlier flirting. I felt bad for her. 

"Miss, this is my friend Genevieve, and she's the one looking for bedroom furniture. I think she's found mattresses to suit." Trey told her. 

She snapped to, becoming her professional self and began tapping things into her sales iPad. I pointed out what I liked as we walked through towards the bedroom section, Trey walking slightly to the side and behind of me. I thought I felt his hand lightly pressing on my lower back as we turned down aisles. 

What is he thinking? 

Oh how I wished I knew.