Chapter 5

Good morning London!

I stood on my terrace, surveying the city below. My skin was chilled underneath my silk robe. I probably should have gotten dressed first, but I wanted to feel posh for once instead of my usual plain self. I grew up on the beach for heavens sake. Not in a big city. Waianae didn't count. There were barely any restaurants or stores there when I was a kid. This was exhilarating! 

Peering over the railing, coffee cup in one hand, I spotted a few people out jogging on the sidewalk below. 

Hmm, running. How long has it been since you've gotten a good sweaty session in? 

I was feeling good, not tired for once, and excited about the night to come. What the hell, I decided to go for a jog. Not a run, but a warm up of sorts. See what my body could do. I stepped away from the edge and went back inside my warm apartment. A good endorphins rush would feel fantastic. And then maybe I could figure out what to do during my days. I needed a job....or something

My cell dinged as I was getting dressed in the bedroom. I slipped on Nikes and grabbed a light weight, fitted windbreaker. Ready to go. Another ding indicating an additional message. I glanced at the iPhone screen. Trevor and Trey. Boy, they were texting early. I couldn't stop the heat creeping up my body. I looked at Trevor's message first. 

Morning. Just wanted to let you know, will be loads of walking tonight. Might want to bring shoes that won't kill your feet. See you around 8. 

I smiled at his caring about my feet. It wasn't a highly personal text, but it showed he cared. I opened Trey's message. 

Hey love, are you excited for tonight? You'll love this bar and the food they have. The blokes are right chuffed to show you the Tube. We'll be round by 8 to get you. 🙂 

Trey was the consummate British guy, his text oozing the phrases I longed to master. He even left me a lone emoji. Out of the two I had to say Trey was flirty. But Trevor had sent a text....so he cared, right? It was confusing to say the least. I needed to stop analyzing and get my butt downstairs. Runs only count if you actually follow through! 

The elevator quickly deposited me to the lobby and the grins of the staff. 

"Going for a nice morning jog Genevieve?" 

The grinning doorman greeted me. 

"You know it!" I replied. 

I stretched and began to move myself forward. Muscles have memory, they fall back into place once you've given them a reason to. This was definitely a great idea. 

Stopping on the sidewalk, I calculate my pulse rate

Stopping on the sidewalk, I calculate my pulse rate. The jog had turned into a run and then a longer walk to cool down. I may have over done it but it felt so good to get back to exercising. Four months was a big break for me. Pleased with the number I got, I started back for my flat. The sun was hidden behind spring clouds, the promise of a shower imminent.