Chapter 44

**Pretty heavy 🔥❤️ ahead...just a warning. 😉

Outside, the air had turned cold. Trey and I watched the sun set until it was completely gone. Replaced by the dark inky velvet of a late spring night. Summer would be here soon. We went back inside, to be greeted by two more glasses of champagne. I cocked an eyebrow at Trey. 

"More?" I mouthed at him. 

He nodded and grinned. He was such a nut. As we walked up the stairs, I felt his hand travel to my lower back. It was warm and protective. Felt natural and new all at the same time. Having him come here was a good thing I think. What was unfolding between us would have happened had we met back in London instead, I had no doubts. But it happening now was how it should be. Nothing in life is guaranteed. Tomorrow isn't promised. Taking steps forward towards what you desire is all that matters. At least in my mind.

We neared the suite and Trey's hand roamed down to my ass. I clenched my womanhood at the contact.

"Love..." He breathed. 

I stopped and looked up at him. Not removing his hand he bent his head and kissed me. This one was different than outside. His lips crashed into mine, his tongue pushing in right away. He wanted me and this was making it apparent. I kissed back with passion, letting him know I also wanted him. We broke the kiss and both looked at each other. Both smiling. I gathered my mind and scanned the key card.

 He squeezed a butt cheek as I opened the door. Once we stepped inside, he took my glass of champagne and put them both onto a side table. I gasped, audibly. The room was bathed in candle light. There was a nice dinner spread set up on a table by the window. That's why Trey was talking to the staff at the front desk. He'd planned this for us. 

"Trey....this is so nice!" I said, walking to the table. 

I turned to see him smiling, hands at his sides. I moved to pull his body towards me, fingers reaching up to lace behind his head. He rests his on my hips and we kiss again. This time softer. Nipping at each other's lips and nuzzling heads. I'd not felt this level of intimacy from a man, not even Trevor. We had fiery lust and the love making was amazing but this wasn't what I felt right now. 

This might be the beginnings of actual love Gigi...

Actual love. Could there be different types of it? What I felt for Kaleo years ago I thought was love but it wasn't shared. Then Trevor, I began to feel that same way again....but it abruptly ended. Was it love with them? I thought so. But could there be a reciprocated love? One that was deeper? That I'd yet to experience? Maybe. 

We stopped kissing and let our foreheads touch. 

"Our dinner will get cold love..."  He softly stated. 

"It's ok. I don't mind." I replied. 

We moved to sit though, the smells of food too tantalizing. Rabbit, seasonal vegetables and salad greeted us. 

"Are you ready for tomorrow love? With the prosecutor?" 

I chewed and thought. Was I?

"In a way yes. But in another I'm terrified. I've held onto this secret for so long. I'm glad to share it and get it off my conscience finally. But, I'm scared to have them hear me testifying. They won't go away for life. One day, they'll get out of jail and could come looking for me. That's terrifying. These are huge Hawaiian guys Trey....and federal prison is no joke." 

"I'll never let anything happen to you G." He stated. 

My eyes met his and they said it all. He wouldn't.