Chapter 21 - Mistakes I've Made

Mistakes I've Made

~ Johnnys Perspective ~

After everything that happened, Annie and I were back where we started. She hated me, and I messed up, once again, loosing another chance I had with Annie.

I was currently laying on the couch because Annie kicked me off the bed. Josh was laying in Annie's arms and I stared as they both fell asleep, taking a nap.

I decided to make dinner for everyone and by the time I was done Annie came downstairs. "Thanks..." she responded as I handed her the plate. She still seemed tired but looked like she was getting better.

I chose to break the slice considering that I didn't like awkward situations "I made a mistake..." I mumbled slowly locking my eyes with Annies. "You don't need to always be with me, as much as I hate Emily...you should try being with her...if it makes you happy"

I stayed silent not knowing how to respond to that. Maybe Annie was right, I should give it a try with Emily. "I put Josh's food in..."

And just like that I left the house. A part of me didn't want to leave Annie because the last time I did she almost killed herself...but I can't stay hung up on her forever. Plus, this time Josh is with her.

I drove to Emily's house and she invited me in. I thought Annie and I had a big house but clearly I was wrong. This girls house was like a hotel with a bunch of floors. "Annie's just dramatic, she only attempted suicide to get your attention" Emily blurted out, planting a kiss  on my lips.

I felt my heart ache, all I wanted to do was slit her throat right there and then. However, I stopped myself from doing so. I can't keep killing people for insulting Annie, especially not the girl I'm trying to build a relationship with. "Yeah...probably" I mumbled back, avoiding eye contact with her.

~ Annie's Perspective ~

It hurt when Johnny left. I guess a part of me was hoping he would stick around forever...even if I didn't give him a chance, I wanted him to keep fighting for us.

"Mommy where did daddy go" Josh asked coming down. I sighed at him referring to Johnny as his dad "Josh, he is not your dad..." I muttered one last time as I put his food in front of him. Just like every other time, Josh ignored my comment. "But mommy and daddy's love each other and he loves you"

My heart instantly dropped to my stomach. I wish he loved me, but he wouldn't be going to clubs and making out with girls if he did. "He doesn't love me, he just cares..." I responded.

A few hours later I had dropped Josh off at Jayden and Conners place. I knew better than to be alone again, so I did the next best thing...go to Emily's ex's house. If she was going to fuck my ex I was going to do the same.

Before I had knocked on the door, he had already opened it. "Well hello there" Adam said with his smirk. I playfully rolled my eyes while walking in. "I can't be alone and you're the only guy I enjoy talking to"

His smirk grew bigger, and I knew what he was thinking. "Sorry love, I don't have any more protection left"

I groan while staying on the couch. Adam got some popcorn and sat next to me "Netflix?" He questioned. I gave him a small smile as I nodded. He grabbed my hand and put it on his dick while he switched on a movie. I wanted this with Johnny, but Adam wasn't bad.

A few hours into the movie I got a call from Johnny, unlike him, I answered the call, removing my hand from Adam. "Hello" I say through the phone. "Why aren't you home?!" Johnny questioned with a raise in his tone. It seemed like he was annoyed. "I wanted to hangout with a friend—

Adam cut me off by grabbing the phone "Definitely not her friend" he shouted through the phone while chuckling. "Adam!!!" I shouted back at him while giggling. I'm sure Johnny said something but I couldn't hear considering me and Adam were laughing as we fought to keep the phone away from each other.

"Adam I'm serious! Give it back" I muttered attempting to to sound serious. "Fine, give me a kiss then" I rolled my eyes at him while leaning in to kiss him. Before it turned into a make out I quickly grabbed the phone. "Johnny? You still there?" I asked

"What the fuck is going on there!!" Johnny shouted even more angry. I could tell when I get home there was a chance he would murder me. "Nothing...I'll be home right after I pick up Josh!"

I hung up the phone, not giving Johnny another chance to cuss at me. Adam gave me puppy dog eyes while I stood up. "I'll text you" I say giving him a kiss before I walked out the door.

Today was definitely one of the best days I have had in a long time. I guess being away from Johnny really does work.

Once I picked up Josh I went straight home, where I found Johnny standing outside, on the porch frustrated. "Josh why don't you go inside" I tell him as he ran inside.

Before walking up to him I took a deep breath. This was not going to be fun. "I have have to act like your fucking dad?!" He yelled, although im sure the whole street heard him.

I finally got the courage to go up to the porch, except I went in embarrassment, everyone was staring at us. "What are you talking about..." I mumbled trying not to make this a big scene. "I mean you going out and fucking guys, getting pregnant!"

He's such a dick. I can't believe how he thinks he can go around having sex with other girls but I can't have sex with ONE other guy who isn't him. However, I wasn't going to say that to him considering that everyone was already watching us and I didn't want to make this a bigger scene.

"You are not my dad or my boyfriend so stop trying to look out for me" I muttered in a whispering tone before walking in the house.

"Mommy why are you mad" Josh asked, eating his cake that he had gotten from the party at Jaydens. "Don't worry...I'm not mad at you...just Johnny" I muttered "me? What the hell did I do!" He shouted coming in the house.

"Josh, why don't we go stay somewhere else tonight" I said grabbing Josh's hand. "He's my son—

Johnny cut himself off by stopping. "He's not your son. He is Jordan's" I reminded him taking Josh into my car.