Chapter 10: Two Faced Jester - Part 2

Author's Note:

Dark Rebirth has a spotify playlist now: playlist/4VNyPQcCw5zby9tbFfUUMw?si=922352960036422c

~~

Location: Pizzaplex - Superstar Daycare

Time: 9:43pm

"Hidey Hide...Hide away...but you can't hide from me forever."

Gregory hears the taunts of the moon-faced jester just outside the cramped space he's in as he flips the switch of a third generator that he found on the one of the higher levels of the labyrinthine playground. Gregory had some close calls with Daycare attendant trying to grab him from behind the bars but he came out relatively uncharted as his hands were too big to fit into some of the gaps or simply because Gregory was alert and nimble on his feet.

Three down, two more to go. Gregory counted.

The first three generators were a breeze to find as they were in the same play area. What was also helpful was that each generator was connected to the facility by large, black wires that protruded from the ground and, when Gregory followed where they led, he was brought straight to where they were.

However, after having now been through the entire play structure, Gregory soon realised that the last two generators were on the other side of the playground and said other side unfortunately couldn't be crossed over by a bridge or long tunnel. Meaning that he had to creep there in the darkness without using his flashlight and alerting the Jester. Gregory stares ahead, targeting the nearest and safest playground tube that he could run into and, upon sighting one such tube, he switches the flashlight off and creeps over to the other side.

He's halfway there when he hears the sound of jingling bells behind him.

"Bad Children must be found! Bad Children must be punished!"

Gregory glances back to glimpse the Attendant tiptoeing towards him, increasing his speed little by little as he did so. He thinks to himself that the sight would be funny if it weren't so intimidating in the darkness.

Picking up speed to keep distance the between him and the animatronic, the small child passes by 7 circular cushions stacked atop one another and takes one out from the middle, tossing it at the Daycare Attendant before running faster into the next plastic fortress ahead.

The cushion smacks the Attendant's face with a loud 'thunk' but it doesn't falter...until it sees the mess Gregory made as, by removing the middle pillow, it had toppled the rest into a messy pile!

"Grgggh clean up! Clean up!" The animatronic grouses, halting his hunt for Gregory in order to methodically stacking the pillows back to their proper positions.

'Hmmm...He has a compulsion to clean up things...Interesting'. Gregory noted down this observation as he looked away and made his way up one of the low reclining blue slides to the top.

Gregory found that this section of the playground was less protected than the other areas because the tubes had wider holes in them and less nettings on some of the slopes. As a result, he had to be more cautious, with these structural reductions, the Attendant could capture him from anywhere.

After going up the slide, he heads into more claustrophobic tunnels, locating and switching on the generator in the left tunnel.

Ok. Time to find the last one.

After minutes of futile combing through red cages and rainbow floors for any hint of the last generator, Gregory was forced to reckon that it wasn't inside this section at all and that the last place he would have to search was...outside.