Chapter 24: Aid from the Shadows

Mike Afton and Henry Emily, The Ghosts in the Machine

Mike Afton and Henry Emily, The Ghosts in the Machine. Art Commission by @freckled_moss on Instagram

Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/Ca-6YfyPcU9/

--

Location: Loading Docks - Kitchen

Time: 3:45am

"Why are we going in circles Gregory?" Freddy questions after he and the boy make a fifth round about the large area. In the distance, the echoes of Chica's greedy munching could be heard.

"I'm trying to familiarise myself with this kitchen layout. I've only been here once before when you told me there was an exit past this place." Gregory elucidates while concurrently gazing at the Fazmap, "Once I've gotten used to where everything is, I can see how to lure Chica to where I want her to go using the Monty Mix I stored in your stomach".

"And where do you want her to go?"

"That...I haven't figured out yet..."

The boy scans the various cabinets and appliances until he sights something distinctive.

"What's that?" Gregory points to a contraption at the right edge of the area. On its outer wall was a control panel and a red button labeled "Trash". On the inside, It had two large and thick metal plates by its sides. One had no split in the center while the other did. The ground below these plates was also a bit dirtier than the others and wasn't even really a ground. Upon closer inspection, Gregory noticed it was, in reality, a small conveyor belt strip and that meant there was a mechanism below it.

"That's a garbage compactor. The employees use it to crush larger garbage and then, once that is done, it is automatically sent down the chute into the garbage disposal area below".

Gregory recalls the note which he read in the Bonnie Bowl earlier and presses the Fazmap in his Fazwatch, formulating and fleshing out the already existing plan in his head. There's silence for about 5 minutes until Mike speaks up.

"Let me guess Father: You're thinking about how to lure and crush that animatronic in there aren't you?"

"The latter, no. The former, yes." Gregory assures him, "I just need it to hold her in place as a last resort."

"And did you come up with a plan yet?"

"Yep." Gregory shows Mike the Fazmap on his watch. Henry and Freddy move in closer to see his plans as well.

"So Chica is here right? I toss a can and lay out the Monty Mix in front of her. She sees it and eats it. Then I get her attention again by laying out another small pile of monty Mix. I do it again a third time and lure her into this corridor that leads to the garbage compactor. She eats and I get her attention one more time. This time, I stand in front of the garbage compactor and in front of her. Once she sees me, I stun her with the Fazer Blaster, she gets temporarily distracted and then I run towards her and shut her down. Easy." Gregory smiles, "And if that doesn't work out, I also have a backup plan".