Chapter 30: In The Spider's Web

Glitchtrap William Afton Art Commission by @ x_akiraaa_ on Instagram

Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/CdOK2cqvlMX/

Location: Fazcade

Time: 5:25am

The Daycare Attendant drags Chica along with him to somewhere that's a large distance from the theatre. She's still trying to activate her screech but can't as the Attendant's left hand clamps over her beak tightly.

"Lemme go!" Chica attempts to cry out but it comes out more as "lmmmmggghh".

"Sorry but these are William's orders." The Daycare Attendant's right index finger closes in on the button atop her forehead, "Goodnight."

Out of the darkness, a black shape knocks into the Attendant, toppling him over and causing him to let go of Chica unintentionally. Then, instinctively upon being freed, the mechanical chicken lets out a screech that affects the Attendant's operating system.

"No No No!" The Attendant yells as he temporarily shuts down.

Stepping back from the Moon, Chica's eyes darted around, searching for the figure that struck the Attendant, "Charlie? Was that you?"

"Yes. I've freed you. Get out of here. Now." Charlie commands strongly.

Chica shakes her head, "Not without Gregory."

"Are you serious? You know who he is. So why help him?!"

"I don't know much about Mr Afton but I don't think Gregory is like him at all. And we were designed to protect children like Gregory. It wouldn't be right for me to abandon him".

"Very well." Charlie slinks back into the shadows, "I'm going. There's no way I'm working with that murderer..."

Chica looks around for a while until she finds a light switch that turns on the lights of the second floor. When the Attendant wakes up a few minutes later, he's automatically back to his Sun self.

"Where am I? This isn't the Daycare!" the Attendant whips his head around wildly in confusion, "Chica? What are we doing here?"

Chica does her best to recount to him the strange events that have been transpring as told to her by Freddy.

The Daycare Attendant was well aware of the Glamrock Animatronics and was friendly to them whenever they'd drop by. However, they weren't really close friends per say as, despite living in the same building, their statuses as celebrities made it almost impossible for them to interact frequently. Nonetheless, much like Freddy, nearly everyone of them was considered the Attendant's close friends.

"A ghost of a serial killer? Cloning? Old animatronics?" The Sun-faced Attendant felt as though his circuits in his head were getting tangled, "I don't get it but I do get that bringing that Gregory kid to William is not a good idea. Problem is that me and my...other half feel compelled to do it".