Chapter 27: CRIMINAL

Location: Parts and Service Room

Time: 4:28am

"Mike?" Charlie brightens up at the sound of his voice, "Is that really you?

"Yep. In the flesh. Or should I say spirit?"

Both of them giggled at his bad joke.

"Honestly, I'm glad that I'm not a zombie anymore but well...being a ghost still isn't as fun as being a human..."

"That's true." Charlie nods, her laughter dying down as well.

"And I see that you're still in the same body." Mike gestures to the Puppet, "why not move on to another one?"

"I like it. He's always watched over me since I was young and well, I find it hard to let go of...".

Mike laughed again. He found it adorable that Charlie talked still about the Puppet as though it was its own person.

"So Charlie, care to explain what you talked about with Henry?"

As that conversation occurred, Gregory was engrossed with rearranging and replacing Chica's broken parts within the repair room, hoping that he could get her back into top shape as best as possible.

The claws that he controls from the console reseal some cracks and plaster on a new faceplate for Chica. Gregory wipes a drop sweat off his hair. He was already two-thirds of the way done and now all he had to do was solve a few more kinks before testing her from the console and —

"Hello Gregory," Henry greets him, "Mike said you needed my help?"

"Hm?" The boy turns around to face Henry who had phased into the walls to reach him, "I...didn't tell him that but...thank you for coming. I do need help actually".

"What seems to be the problem?"

Gregory and Henry discuss Chica's mechanics for a while and what could be causing some of her parts to not function correctly as the futuristic technology and parts that the animatronics were built from was different and yet similar to what the two of them were used to.

Henry scrutinises and points out to him what was causing certain issues and Gregory listens and obeys, working with the older man and the claw machines above him to fix Chica until he's assured that her wires were connected and aligned in the correct order.

While working with Gregory, Henry started to reminisce about the times where he and William worked together as equals, sitting in their workshop and discussing how to make their animatronics as functional and lifelike as possible. William would do the majority of the construction for his machines (as well as the business deals for their company) while he was the more creative genius behind the animatronics character designs and biographies. However, he assisted William where he could since he had also studied engineering and wondered if Gregory was experiencing similar memories.

"And with this, we can go to the final testing phase..."

Gregory presses the buttons. However, one wrong move causes Chica to act as if she had an electric shock, the animatronic twitching in a sporadic manner.

A flicker of a memory starts up again and Gregory feels queasy about this one...He blinks, once, twice and then sees Chica suddenly replaced with something else. Something more horrifying: There's a man in the Springbonnie costume and he's jerking and choking on his own blood. Screaming for help.

It's not any man though, it's William. Gregory could spot his bloodshot hazel eyes gazing into him. Gregory shuts his eyes and backs away.

"Gregory? Are you alright?" Henry asked the boy who collapses to the floor.