Chapter 34: Memories of an Impostor

Author's note: This and the next chapters will occur in Gregory/William/Glitchtrap's mindscape and the real world so it will be confusing but I did my best to differentiate between the two.

Flashbacks within William's mindscape is in Bold italic and are represented by ~~

Gregory's thoughts and traversals through William's memories are written in only Bold and divided by —

And in the next chapter, events taking place in the real world are divided by ==

Art Commission by @_seraph11m on Instagram

Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/CeWXQ6CPL8y/

~~

Gregory sinks into a chaotic whirlpool of William's memories. He feels like he's drowning but there's no water, only the sensations and spoken words of his past life spinning around him.

For what feels like hours, it doesn't seem like the sinking will stop but eventually it does and Gregory finds himself on solid ground in a dark, familiar environment, seeing through the eyes of the false William...

The true William is dragged kicking and screaming to the depths of Hell by two large red and gold shapes. One takes the form of a Crocodile while the other is a Bear.

However, neither he nor them could have predicted what he left behind.

Years of William's hatred and anger, combined with the Remnant from his corpse that leaked into the circuit board of Springbonnie, stewed together to birth something...evil within.

And if not for the currently melted metal shell protecting Springbonnie's innards from the flames, the Remnant-made entity would not have survived.

For years, it slumbered until some foolish employees awakened it by scanning the rotten costume's circuit board and transferring all of its data into their latest VR Game...

~~

A pile of dark aubergine-coloured goo with rabbit-shaped ears lay on a checkered ground and from it, a set of neon purple eyes open. They gaze around uncertainly at the environment he's in.

To his left was a carousel and a gift box big enough to fit an average adult while to his right was a familiar stage but...it was absent of the four iconic animatronic animals. Additionally, two confetti stained tables draped with white cloth lay in front of the stage with party hats aligned opposite one another.

Lastly, beyond all of these was a row of red curtains that seemed to stretch endlessly.

William Afton was anticipating Hell to be a lake of fire. Not the first Freddy Fazbear's outlet. That is unless...his punishment was to suffer in his past memories and soon, demons would pounce out from behind the curtains in the forms of the animatronics he had created and chase him down the halls.