Chapter 20: A Detour

Location: Pizzaplex - Second Floor

Time: 1:30am

After several hours of near fruitless searching, Roxy, Monty and Chica cross paths.

"Anyone caught the boy yet?" Chica asks them.

Roxy and Monty shake their heads in disappointment.

"Tch, this is a waste of time!" The wolf lady shouts. "What the hell is so important about this kid anyway?"

"It's William's command. We have to obey him since he's his Father and he works here? Or that's what he claims at least..." Chica says.

"Come to think of it, who even is William?" Roxy questions, "He claims to be an employee but he's not on the employee list. So why do we have to obey him?"

"I don't know." Monty replies, "but I feel compelled to".

Roxy stomps her foot frustration. "I hate being compelled to follow these commands! Frankly, I think this search isn't worth it. Just let that Security Guard get him...I want go back to my room and style my hair. Recharge for the next showtime. This isn't worth the —".

A streak of purple flashes through her eyes. She can't move or speak. Monty's eyes start glowing purple as well.

"Not worth the effort you say?" Monty's voice combined with William's speaks through him as he strides to Roxy, "You foolish wolf! That child is everything to me. If he gets out of here by 6am, he will be harder to track down and I don't want that".

Monty raises his fist and Roxy flinches, expecting him to wallop her for her defiance but instead, he bashes the pillar beside them, denting its side.

"All of you will do as I say! All of you will bring me what I want! And if anyone fails me, then you will be scrapped!" threatened William.

"You can't get us scrapped!" Chica objects, "Only the higher ups can –"

"Oh believe me, I can and I will. With or without their permission! Each of you have less than 6 hours to catch the boy. Bring him to me the SECOND you capture him".

With that, William disappears and Roxy can move about again. She and Chica are terrified at what just happened. Meanwhile, Monty wakes up, dazed and ignorant to what transpired.

"I blacked out for a bit, Did something happen?"

"Nope." Roxy replies to Monty. "Let's keep looking for the boy."

Location: Bathroom in the Pizzaplex

Time: 1:36am

"AHHHHH!" Gregory yells in a bathroom mirror and hits his hands against the wall.

Why the hell had he said those things to Freddy and the others? Why did he have to do that? Rage was overtaking him. He had to calm down. He can't be angry or guilty, not now. He had to focus.

Earlier, he attempted to enter Chica's room to get the Pass Freddy mentioned, only to find that her room was locked from the inside and that he needed a higher security level pass to get in. His vexation only grew in response to this setback. He needed to vent his stress out somewhere and the closest place was a bathroom.

"Why? Why can't I just be Gregory?" the clone asks himself, "I want to be a normal child with no connection to that murderer. Why can't I have that?"

He's gritting his teeth, his hands are clenched...He doesn't feel good at all as he stares at his reflection in the mirror. He places his hands under the sink which automatically dispenses cold water into his hands. Gregory splashes it on his face to physically and mentally cool down, wiping any remaining water droplets on his hair and face away with a tissues from a dispenser beside him.