Chapter 35: Afton Reborn

Mr and Mrs Afton - Art Commission by @shannisu on IG

Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/CepRAwWPGX2/

--

The silent hum of the transfer process permeates the main stage where Vanny sits next to her Master, checking the security cameras from her monitor and smartphone. She sighs impatiently.

"How much longer until you completely sync with Little Will, Mr Afton?"

The Gold Rabbit calculates the percentage left.

"Getting there Vanny. We are at 65%."

Within Bonnie, Fake William flexes his Vessel's right hand, experimentally moving his fingers with great success...

"Not much longer now." He talks with his and Gregory's voice united as one.

==

Gregory falls into a fancy cafe with elegant decor. Everyone's faces are blurred out save for William's and his soon-to-be Wife's.

"William. I have great news: I'm pregnant." Violet claps both her hands together.

The man's face falls into distress for a split second before morphing into false delight.

"That is good news Bunny." He maintains his fake smile, "Who else knows about this?"

"My parents and some close friends. I've already told them you got me pregnant".

"Are...are you sure I'm the father?" William questions her dubiously.

"Of course it's you. You're the only person I've slept with".

William is sweating bullets on the inside, 'Oh dear God. I have to save my reputation and fast'.

"Come to think of it, you haven't proposed to me yet." Violet teased him.

"Yes... That's because I wasn't anticipating this pregnancy so soon. I'm very happy to hear this." William grabs her by the hand and kisses it, "Let's go buy your ring right away! In fact, let's buy both our wedding rings and make plans for the wedding since you've told EVERYONE about this!"

"Sounds like a great idea." Violet beamed, ignorant to the malice hidden under William's words.

The memory fast forwards to the exchange of vows on their wedding day, the environment warping to reflect the memory being played.

"Do you, William Afton, take Violet to be your beloved Wife?"

"I do." William's joyful expression conceals numerous false promises and feelings.